Thread: New member in Auckland, for my sins (Aegis Bearing Mel)

Bike
    2009 Yamaha FZ1-N

New member in Auckland, for my sins (Aegis Bearing Mel)

Hey folks, just signed up to the forums tonight from a very soggy Auckland.

Arrived from the Frozen North, or Scotland as some folks call it, last January and have been making do with the delights of Auckland Transport and my Ute since.
    Thankfully my bike cleared customs last week and should, if the fates are with me, be Kiwi registered and licenced by next weekend.

18 months without a bike has driven me insane, can't wait to get back on her for my daily commute and clear the cobwebs away on a daily basis.

Looking forward to (ab)using your hospitality and picking your brains on the best places for kit, rides, service and, most importantly, laughs.

Cheers.

Aegis

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Welcome! I'm off to scotland for a week in july, doing a loop around isle of skye via fort william and inverness, should be awesome!!

Hope you enjoy your stay, auckland can be a pretty busy place!!

Bike
    2009 Yamaha FZ1-N
    Nice one buddy, right time of year for it anyway.

Whatever you do, you need to do a couple of loops of the B863 around Kinlochleven.
    Good in a car, acceptable in a tour bus, AWESOME on a bike.

It's about 20 miles down the A82 from Fort William, it'll be well worth the 4 hours you spend riding around it!!
    We spent a weekend riding around it, it never got old. 20 laps or so and we were gutted at having to head home.
    One of the very, very few things I miss thus far about Scotland is that road, it's spectacular.
    The digs I've used as a guide point are good too, cheap, clean and an onsite pub.

Bike
    A
    Welcome to the funny farm, aka KB.

Once you get an hour or so away from Auckland, staying off the main roads as much as possible, it's not that different from your home country. Have fun finding your way around

Thread Information