Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The van tyre thread

Bike
    Exercycle
    that's good info Andy - but did he tell you WHICH end of the bloody adjustment he goes to ?

Max toe - in or out ? Max positive or negative camber ?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    that's good info Andy - but did he tell you WHICH end of the bloody adjustment he goes to ?

toe in is where you point. front toes together, rear square. or you're handling will be up to shit. also not affected by loading.

adding positive camber will offset the natural negative camber you gain by loading a vehicle.

maxing anything out is a dumb idea.

science, bitches.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Fuck! Did I write all that? Some of it had quite big words in too...

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post

Don't know, not really my trade so can't remember that detail. But I do recall that we used to have 3 things to adjust, and now there is only one thing. He adjusted it and now my tyres are good-oh

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So as a thought, they have been rotated but wearing the corners of course, but there's still 4.7mm tread in the middle.

How valid is it to remount the tyres either backwards or left on right and visaversa so the unused tread is outer?

They do rotation free but expect they would charge to remount.

Kick?
    Is it doing it on all four even though you've been rotating them? how long since the last alignment?

Don't you live around a cunty windy road?

Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    toe in is where you point. front toes together, rear square. or you're handling will be up to shit. also not affected by loading.
    Bullshit it isn't affected by loading, we had a fat cunt of a client and it changed a few mm just by having him sit in the vehicle, it's always recommended alignment is done with the normal load the vehicle carries for a reason
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Bullshit it isn't affected by loading, we had a fat cunt of a client and it changed a few mm just by having him sit in the vehicle, it's always recommended alignment is done with the normal load the vehicle carries for a reason
    toe?? bullsh. what fucken vehicle?

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    van tire thread

at least its not a van aerial thread

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    If its that sensitive then wont your alignment be out when either than gas tank is completely full or nearly empty...??????????

Sound like that nitrogen in the tyres scam... "oh your tyres will run cooler and last longer"

Funny they go all quiet when you mention the atmosphere is 80% nitrogen and the water vapour that may affect ordinary tyre inflation can be eliminated with decent compressor setup......
    I do wonder though where does that magic nitrogen transfer the heat too.... do they instal a mini heat exchanger inside the RUBBER (hastag worlds greatest temp insulator) tyres......???????
    Just sayin....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah does the front, rotated front to back.
    Was aligned when the tyres went on.

40psi. As I said most days unloaded.

So should the tyres be turned around on the rims or swap left to right?

Yup windy road, impatient driver who's reliving the past imagined glory days racing.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I'm running the Bridgestone Ecopia R680 on a AWD Hiace ZX. Shop advised me to run 40psi, handling was awful and vague, raised to 44psi (unloaded) and had a noticeable improvement. That said, it will understeer through roundabouts and tighter turns quite easily, so gotta slow it down... it ain't a race car

Being AWD, rotating the tyres from side to side and front to rear in a criss cross every 10k
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    toe?? bullsh. what fucken vehicle?
    Ford Courier Ute, client was probably 150kg, if the camber changes (which it did as soon as he got in) the toe changes

Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    If its that sensitive then wont your alignment be out when either than gas tank is completely full or nearly empty...??????????

Sound like that nitrogen in the tyres scam... "oh your tyres will run cooler and last longer"

Funny they go all quiet when you mention the atmosphere is 80% nitrogen and the water vapour that may affect ordinary tyre inflation can be eliminated with decent compressor setup......
    Some vehicle manufacturers specify various fuel levels or adding weights in the vehicle when they done, normally there's a tolerance which probably allows for loading, especially with contractors vehicles it's always best to do them with their normal load

80% nitrogen isn't the same as 100%, the main benefit is constant pressure for longer

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Yeah does the front, rotated front to back.
    Was aligned when the tyres went on.

40psi. As I said most days unloaded.

So should the tyres be turned around on the rims or swap left to right?

Yup windy road, impatient driver who's reliving the past imagined glory days racing.
    How many KM since they went on? I generally only swap front to back or side to side depending on wear, it could be related to your driving and road so yeah turning them over might help
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Not really sure of is, it was written on a window sticker but its faded.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information