Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yamaha Tricity (not a bike)

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    According to Yamaha Australia, 113 Tricity scooters have been sold in NZ to date.
    That surprises me, I would've thought maybe about 20?. Hardly a highly sought after style. Possibly the lower rego cost is a deciding factor.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    The Tricity is a good example of a motorcycle company looking at a niche market and developing a machine which ticks most if not all the boxes.

When is visited Europe a few years ago, in particular Rome had a very large culture of scooters such as Vespas etc. Lots of younger townies using this as a transport to get around, often 3 - 5 abreast going around corners etc.

They look cool/modern and easy to ride and would suit most newbies.
    Parking would be a breeze.
    I have seen them used as Pizza delivery vehicles, had good acceleration on the hills for what it is.

It isn't a sports bike
    Last edited by eldog; 9th February 2016 at 06:20. Reason: not a sportsbike

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    Correct, same as the Can-Am. I think there's still some special rule about needing to wear a helmet though.
    correct, a few countries register Spyder's as a 'car', so in NZ we get 'car rego', yes I own one as well as 2 wheels {the canam's my car}
    but they are treated as a motorcycle in all other respects, no seatbelts, but must wear a helmet.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Thread Information