Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the situation on knee dragging?

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

Filter on the back wheel at 100+ through stationary traffic and you will get pulled.
    If you wave it's ok.
    Ciao Marco

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    I have never heard of anyone getting done for knee dragging.
    Unless you are doing in the city (which is a bad idea) you are likely doing it away from the typical patrol routes, and to be fair if you go past a cop with your knee on the ground the chances of the cop u turning and catching you are pretty slim.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    I have never heard of anyone getting done for knee dragging.
    Unless you are doing in the city (which is a bad idea) you are likely doing it away from the typical patrol routes, and to be fair if you go past a cop with your knee on the ground the chances of the cop u turning and catching you are pretty slim.
    Not be confused with them u turning in front of you which is likely

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Knee dragging and knuckle dragging have similar penalties.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    If you are going fast enough on a public road to need to have your knee down on the ground then it is highly likely if you get stopped you'll be in trouble.

If you are one of those riders who hang off on every corner regardless of your speed or need .............
    knee dragging can be done at very low speed. I wagered a mate that it would be done at under 40km/hr. managed to do it at 35. so you may not necessarily need to be going that fast.

if youre going to do it though, do it somewhere quiet. what nobody sees, nobody can fine you for

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cea56a3bcf6550ebffee8555e93129ab_400x400.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	312661
    Cornering should not be a crime.
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    On a side note - I have yet to get my knee down

That said, probably a good thing as my Kevlar trousers don't have knee sliders
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    On a side note - I have yet to get my knee down
    I don't even try on the road, never have, just makes you look like a great big cock

But if you shift your ass of the seat enough and stick your knee out enough, like most knee down road riders.
    It'll touch even at 20deg lean, thats what most of them do
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I don't even try on the road, never have, just makes you look like a great big cock

But if you shift your ass of the seat enough and stick your knee out enough, like most knee down road riders.
    It'll touch even at 20deg lean, thats what most of them do
    You ask me, kneee down on the open road is a blind cock suckers way of keeping in touch with the tar seal.
    Not a particularly good way either.
    Go ahead OP, drop the knee in front of a patrol car/bike and see what happens, you of course already know what will! happen, so why bother with the question?
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Knee down is so last week.....its all about elbow nowadays....

Bike
    Between bikes
    Knee down on public road - like the above have said, cop didn't see it you didn't do it. Cop did see it you're at their mercy.

Filtering/splitting:
    Filtering (past stationary traffic) is legal.
    Splitting (past moving traffic) is illegal, unless you remain entirely in the left hand lane (that's the whole bike, not just wheels) and are indicating, which in practice is nigh on impossible.

Practically speaking the cops are fine with either, as long as you aren't blasting past, and once traffic gets properly moving (some say 60, I'd say more like 40), you get back in the normal flow. I have split past cop cars and then moved back into the flow of traffic directly ahead of them and been fine.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    '74 MV Augusta I wish
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Knee down on public road - like the above have said, cop didn't see it you didn't do it. Cop did see it you're at their mercy.

Filtering/splitting:
    Filtering (past stationary traffic) is legal.
    Splitting (past moving traffic) is illegal, unless you remain entirely in the left hand lane (that's the whole bike, not just wheels) and are indicating, which in practice is nigh on impossible.

Practically speaking the cops are fine with either, as long as you aren't blasting past, and once traffic gets properly moving (some say 60, I'd say more like 40), you get back in the normal flow. I have split past cop cars and then moved back into the flow of traffic directly ahead of them and been fine.
    Unless in Welly and spotted by Ginger Gorge

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Overtaking in any lane is legal if you overtake to the right of the vehicle you are overtaking .... And remain in the same lane. It is not permitted to overtake on the left of a vehicle in the same lane as you.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Overtaking in any lane is legal if you overtake to the right of the vehicle you are overtaking .... And remain in the same lane. It is not permitted to overtake on the left of a vehicle in the same lane as you.
    And we all know in real world its impossible to lane split legally in traffic because everyone in the left lane pulls to the right so they can see down the que
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leave-a-gap.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	312704
    So we all break the stupid outdated impractical law, everytime we drift over that line when we split, so the Ginger can sit at the bottom of the gorge and dish out senseless tickets.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    so we all break the stupid outdated impractical law, everytime we drift over that line when we split, so the ginger can sit at the bottom of the gorge and dish out senseless tickets.
    yep ............
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information