Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use or recommend heated gloves?

I don't believe that one - I have just come from commuting by pushbike for over 5 years. The body core gets very warm peddling hard - but the faster you go the colder the fingers, ears and nose. It became a balance between warming up, and not going fast enough to freeze the fingers.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    the heated vest won't be any larger than a pair of mittens and much more usuable.
    cold fingers are cause the body is shutting down blood flow to them to conserve the heat in the core, heat the core, the fingers get a flow of blood back and stay warm.
    Fair enough jelly I am aware of that but basing my decision on how well my heated grips work.
    Oh and FJ, cutting the bottoms out of my long pockets is the last thing my scottish ancestors would want! I like the way you think tho!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    the heated vest won't be any larger than a pair of mittens and much more usuable.
    cold fingers are cause the body is shutting down blood flow to them to conserve the heat in the core, heat the core, the fingers get a flow of blood back and stay warm.
    Nah your 'core' can be overheating while your hands are going numb from the cold, easy as.

Bike
    moped
    Dont bother with all the fiddly wire and wiring etc, get yourself a pair of "Rainoff' gloves, rain hail or shine these are the best purchase i have ever made in 53years of motorcycling for the hands. I ride every day to work in all weather conditions Rain-off gloves do the job 100%.
    I won a pair of Hot Grips some time ago, fitted them to the bike before this winter, and as far as iam concerned would never waste my money buying a pair, they only keep the underside of your hands warm, its the top of your hands you need to keep warm. Rain-offs do the job.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by rustys View Post
    Dont bother with all the fiddly wire and wiring etc, get yourself a pair of "Rainoff' gloves
    Unfortunately Rain-off has been sold to the aussies. Website is missing images etc, local dealers have been ditched (depsite still being listed as stockists on the website), and last time I looked shipping was stupid prices. The best part is the 'contact' page asking the reader to just click the email address, 'don't fill in the bloody form below'.

I would have agreed back when it was an NZ company but I'd be careful now.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    Suzuki DL1000 2015
    I bought myself a pair of Gerbing EX gloves and they do a very good job of heating the fingers and back of the hands.

I rate them for keeping your hands warm 9 out of 10
    Putting them 6 out of 10

Sadly there is no local dealer so you will have to buy them from the states or uk, Don't try to buy them from Gerbing.com as the will charge you us$130 for shipping. I had to buy mine from PERF-MOTO on ebay with out any issues.

Thread Information