Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erzberg!

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    In kiwiland the top guys seem to be favoring 250 2 strokes and it's the mid pack on the 300's.
    NordieBro did the NutBuster on an RM125 with RWU forks.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Couple of POV's. The second one is over an hour but really shows how tough it is. Looks like a bloody good rider, too. Stick with it, he does wipe the lense...

https://youtu.be/wWDiok1Ur9k

https://youtu.be/o8JwMtwoGz0
    Last edited by george formby; 4th July 2015 at 10:46. Reason: dusty optics
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2014 Husaberg FE 250
    Thanks for posting- great vids....good to see other riders swearing like troopers-
    Life…you get one shot…take it.

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Just read your other post aboot teh 450's. I think Erzberg, any Hard Enduro, is a clue. Modern 2t's, particularly the 300/350 enduro bikes pull like tractors from nothing, dislike stalling and have a screaming top end. I think one of the Hemingway brothers had nearly 150kmh on his trip meter between sections. Geared for those hills and rocks? Weigh bugger all, too.
    Modern 2T's are mighty fine. My 200 is not too shabby, either. Have seen over 140 km/h beach racing with taller gearing. Cross-country gearing without so much tyre spin yields 125 km/h. But my 200 is pretty quick, I have gapped NordieBro on his RM250 across a flat paddock in a race, to his surprise - mixed emotions since he built the motor! He was lapping me at the time though LOL.

The south island enduro series was a Euro-fest, half KTM's, maybe 10% jappers, the rest a sea of Sherco, Beta, Husqvarna, etc. Two-strokes were more than half the field. And many bikes were enduros not MXers. I've never seen so many in one place before: Euro's, 2T's or enduros!!
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by warewolf View Post
    The south island enduro series was a Euro-fest, half KTM's, maybe 10% jappers, the rest a sea of Sherco, Beta, Husqvarna, etc. Two-strokes were more than half the field. And many bikes were enduros not MXers. I've never seen so many in one place before: Euro's, 2T's or enduros!!
    And then there was NordieBro, with his little 1996 RM125. Conventional forks never looked more out of place.

Thread Information