Thread: 450 and 250s

Bike
    2014 Husaberg FE 250

450 and 250s

So….went for a ride with a couple of guys that live around the corner from me……they both ride 450s…WR and an Exc. I rocked up with the mighty FE250… Now having been the owner of a EXC 450 I kinda new what I was in for…..have no fear the 250 was not to be made fun of.

Later on we pulled over for a break - and got talking…being keen for a ride I asked…..can I take the Exc for a ride- bring back a few old memories… “sure thing”

With one kick (Battys stuffed) she roared into life….oh yeah…second gear…handful- and we were gone… jesus would be a word….snapped through a few gears….and we were doing worp factor nine. I had forgotten how angry these things are…the power / torque….I was making my way up a hill that was stepped….rocks…another step…and this thing was accelerating…..up this bloody hill….jesus……I could feel my arms getting longer.

Quick observations:
    The bike felt weighty / and the steering was sluggish.
    Ridiculous mounts of torque / Power / with the back end losing traction
    Suspension felt hard / Stiff
    As an operator I felt immediately behind the bike.

I returned…great I said… he then pipes up - mind if I take the FE for a ride…..he returned reasonably quickly……got off…and said…yeah……its NICE……wanker lol

Great day out- really good to be able to appreciate the difference…

A

PS I think I need a 350
    Life…you get one shot…take it.

Bike
    '11 KTM 300 EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrtonsenna View Post
    PS I think I need a 350
    or a 300 2 stroke, light and fast.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Just bought a 350 SXF...perfect balance. 450 is nice, great for monkeying around on or lazy sand riding, 350 I feel is better all round. 250 4 stroke just felt a bit too under powered.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    2014 Husaberg FE 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Just bought a 350 SXF...perfect balance. 450 is nice, great for monkeying around on or lazy sand riding, 350 I feel is better all round. 250 4 stroke just felt a bit too under powered.

Yeah I think your right Brett I'll have a few more rides on the 250 and have a think.....
    Life…you get one shot…take it.

Thread Information