Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for recommendations

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity

Looking for recommendations

Hi Team,

I'm a newbie to the scooter scene, so would appreciate your help. I bought a Yamaha Tricity about 2 weeks ago and am now using it more and more. Any excuse for a ride really anyway to make it even more useful I need to get a few accesories.

What I was wondering is where do you guys in Auckland go for Scooter/Motorbike accesories? I am in need of a good topbox. But looking at the Yamaha shop its gonna cost me about a good $500 to get a rear carrier and 39L top box installed. Seems a bit expensive for scooter? Do I need to use the yamaha gear or can I go somewhere else?

Also, any recommendations for a good online shops for other accessories? Seen some very good mods on FB groups for scooters, but unfortunately the shops are based in Thailand and Philippines.

Thanks
    Sherwin

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Esherwin View Post
    Hi Team,

I'm a newbie to the scooter scene, so would appreciate your help. I bought a Yamaha Tricity about 2 weeks ago and am now using it more and more. Any excuse for a ride really anyway to make it even more useful I need to get a few accesories.

What I was wondering is where do you guys in Auckland go for Scooter/Motorbike accesories? I am in need of a good topbox. But looking at the Yamaha shop its gonna cost me about a good $500 to get a rear carrier and 39L top box installed. Seems a bit expensive for scooter? Do I need to use the yamaha gear or can I go somewhere else?

Also, any recommendations for a good online shops for other accessories? Seen some very good mods on FB groups for scooters, but unfortunately the shops are based in Thailand and Philippines.

Thanks
    Sherwin
    Tard me is your friend, sometimes.
    Go have a look.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Yes:

motomail

cycletreads

aliexpress.com

trademe.co.nz

ebay.com

1tonne?

google.co.nz

No:

Yamaha shop

Peaches and Cream

Your local dairy

Pumpkin Patch

Fresh Choice

That said bike specific racks can be pretty spendy, and that's just the way it is. To have an engineer knock something up can cost just as much. Get them to give you a written quote so you can see the breakdown of costs and compare from there.

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Tard me is your friend, sometimes.
    Go have a look.
    Thanks Mate, I have had a look at tardme. When it comes to topboxes all you get is either the Givi, some Shad and the cheapo ones that look too plastic. Also looked for the rear carrier for yamaha..nothing.

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Yes:

motomail

cycletreads

aliexpress.com

trademe.co.nz

ebay.com

1tonne?

google.co.nz

No:

Yamaha shop

Peaches and Cream

Your local dairy

Pumpkin Patch

Fresh Choice

That said bike specific racks can be pretty spendy, and that's just the way it is. To have an engineer knock something up can cost just as much. Get them to give you a written quote so you can see the breakdown of costs and compare from there.
    The "no list" was very useful LMAO. I've had a look at Motomail and cycletreads but not the others. Will give aliexpress and ebay a go My Google is pretty useless, I get the same results everytime haha.

Thanks

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity
    Guess I should atleast go for the rear carrier from Yamaha.

Anyone upgrade their headlights to LED or HID? mine seems a bit on the dark end at night.

Bike

Anyone upgrade their headlights to LED or HID? mine seems a bit on the dark end at night.
    Any! more light is always a bonus, do what you can with what you've got, without going overboard. Around here there is a definite bias towards motorcycles as opposed to scoots, but hey, each to their own.Sometimes you can find what you want, on a cheap wreck, could pay to look there too.

Bike

The carrier is certainly the hard part, but they will be using an aftermarket brand anyway no doubt. I'm after a quick look, you shouldn't be paying $500 mate, it's nothing flash.

http://www.motorcycleplanet.co.uk/pr...I-SR2120-Rack/

Do a search on lighting upgrades in general. If you go HID you usually need to replace the whole lighting unit to one that has reflectors designed to HID, otherwise it scatters to much and blinds everyone else on the road. LED bulbs are more and more common and generally cheaper and easier to deal with, plus they draw less power rather than more

Bike
    suzuki
    Hi Team,

Thanks
    Sherwin
    would help if you posted a pic of the bike so at least we can look at what the options may be.

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    The carrier is certainly the hard part, but they will be using an aftermarket brand anyway no doubt. I'm after a quick look, you shouldn't be paying $500 mate, it's nothing flash.

http://www.motorcycleplanet.co.uk/pr...I-SR2120-Rack/

Do a search on lighting upgrades in general. If you go HID you usually need to replace the whole lighting unit to one that has reflectors designed to HID, otherwise it scatters to much and blinds everyone else on the road. LED bulbs are more and more common and generally cheaper and easier to deal with, plus they draw less power rather than more
    Thanks that never came up on my search! that looks like a good rack. The yamaha rack I saw was $195 for the carrier itself..!

I was leaning towards LED so im glad that its easier to deal with cool I'll definitely do that upgrade as well. It'll will help with the random bumps in the night.

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Any! more light is always a bonus, do what you can with what you've got, without going overboard. Around here there is a definite bias towards motorcycles as opposed to scoots, but hey, each to their own.Sometimes you can find what you want, on a cheap wreck, could pay to look there too.
    Yeah, could try good old pick a part I do want to upgrade the tail lights at some stage.. I have noticed a lil bias, but scoots are fun and suit my needs..for now

Jellywrestler, pic below or http://www.yamaha-motor.co.nz/produc...c/15-tricity-0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1434348924120.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	576.9 KB 
ID:	312804  

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity
    It's a bit "different" to look at I must admit, but its a nice bit of engineering

Bike
    It's a bit "different" to look at I must admit, but its a nice bit of engineering
    Yeah, have to agree with you, ride safe little fella.

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    The Tricity has only been on the market here for a few months, and the last time I asked there were no accessories available for it. The salesman told me it usually takes about a year for accessories to come available.

Interested to know what you paid for it. They're asking ₱166,000 ($NZ5270) More than twice what I paid for my Vega Force i. I considered it wasn't worth the extra outlay.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity
    Yea i thought that might have been the case with the accessories. Was hoping there was a scooter shop that could make/install the accesories and mods I've seen online. Like foot plates, big bore kits, ecus etc. I paid $4500 and with on road cost just below 5k. Compared to scooters of similar ccs it looked to me to be about 1k more expensive. What swayed me is that I can get into the biking world with a 125 cc on my car licence compared to a 50cc and the extra wheel for safety of course once I do a few more kms then I'll go for my motor licence to get the bigger bikes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thread Information