Quote Originally Posted by MrMarko View Post
    Who the hell uses the clutch to shift.
    Harley riders it would seem.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by trufflebutter View Post
    Harley riders it would seem.
    Uhhh but you do it on your honda
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Honda went to all the trouble of putting it on there, might as well use it.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    Honda went to all the trouble of putting it on there, might as well use it.
    Yeah for taking off from stopped. beyond that leave the clutch alone and just use the throttle to let the load off and blip your downshifts... clutched upshifts take forever, aint nobody got time for that.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    Honda
    Uhhh but you do it on your honda
    If you haven't done it on a Honda don't knock it.

Bike
    CB1300
    Who the hell uses the clutch to shift.
    People with some mechanical sensitivity.

I clutchless upshift when the conditions are right and my timing is on.
    I only do it down enough to keep the skill alive in case I lose the clutch on a ride, it has happened before.
    But having heard many stories about bent selectors and new false neutrals from bad changes, or more likely many bad changes I also choose to use a clutch.

Pretty much the only benefit out clutchless shifting is a shorter smoother upshift when getting a hustle on but only if your timing is good.

I don't get why people get their knickers in such a bunch about a skill that is just a preference.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    CB1300
    As one who depends on my bikes and tends to own them for 5+ years at a time the reliability of my bike is way more important than the wank factor of saving a nanosecond on my shifts.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    People with some mechanical sensitivity.

I clutchless upshift when the conditions are right and my timing is on.
    I only do it down enough to keep the skill alive in case I lose the clutch on a ride, it has happened before.
    But having heard many stories about bent selectors and new false neutrals from bad changes, or more likely many bad changes I also choose to use a clutch.

Pretty much the only benefit out clutchless shifting is a shorter smoother upshift when getting a hustle on but only if your timing is good.

I don't get why people get their knickers in such a bunch about a skill that is just a preference.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    Well yeah if you cant time it and are mincing up your box i wouldn't advise it....

No problem if you can actually ride a motorcycle though.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carlsjunior View Post
    Hello, I am new here and am just looking for a quick tip on how to change down gears without locking up the back wheel at speed. I am used to smaller bikes and have just got a big Harley and can't seem to stop it from happening. Thanks.
    Dont try focus too much on it can get to be obession
    well did in my case when way back.
    Even few years ago and been riding bike with very long break
    since was 15 . yrs old .even know i can stand on back brake
    in emergcy stop. like when some ran out on pedestion stop.

Just a bad habit of mine

really for quick answer dont focus on gear changing down.
    and think about using front brake and rear just less and less.

with torque the engine , braking as well gone to lock any motorcyle back well.

probley only diffrece becuase harley is alot more wieght.
    and you have more transfer moving forward when braking.

plus more front fork moment too .

just leave more time and distance to the corner or intersection its not a competion.

you dont have to dl to first before a stop . just click down or up from second .

Id just practice slowing down with front brake and just tiny bit rear if you want get used to that .

if getting you down and your becoming fearfull do a motorcycle training course
    they dont have to be expesive . i did and really enjoyed it and learned alot.

never to old to learn. and confidence you get be a asset.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carlsjunior View Post
    Hello, I am new here and am just looking for a quick tip on how to change down gears without locking up the back wheel at speed. I am used to smaller bikes and have just got a big Harley and can't seem to stop it from happening. Thanks.
    after all waffling on came to me

match engine revs to wheel speed if engine spining faster

than wheel speed and road speed wheel will be trying go backwards slighty

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    This will explain it, and many other things beside:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVWLIfChUwg

(twist of the wrist 2)
    Every rider should watch it at some point.
    says no longer avial might just my pc

Bike
    CB1300
    Well yeah if you cant time it and are mincing up your box i wouldn't advise it....

No problem if you can actually ride a motorcycle though.
    In not saying I can't do it.
    I am saying I only do it when it benefits me and I am secure enough in my penis size / ego to tell others it's not the end of the world if they don't.

If you ride often enough there will be times when your timing is just not what it should be.
    On the road there is not enough benefit for you to be suggesting you are a better rider because you do it.

I haven't seen you ride for as least 6 years and even then you were a passenger or in a car more often than riding so I won't cast judgement about who is the better rider.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    says no longer avial might just my pc
    Hardly surprising when the post you're quoting is well over a year old...
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    In not saying I can't do it.
    I am saying I only do it when it benefits me and I am secure enough in my penis size / ego to tell others it's not the end of the world if they don't.

If you ride often enough there will be times when your timing is just not what it should be.
    On the road there is not enough benefit for you to be suggesting you are a better rider because you do it.

I haven't seen you ride for as least 6 years and even then you were a passenger or in a car more often than riding so I won't cast judgement about who is the better rider.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    You can drop the attitude for a start?

In my opinion clutchless shifting well does make you a better rider and has plenty of benefit on the street, as opposed to losing power on a slow clutch shift. in my opinion its alot harder to master a quick clutched shift in regards to getting it right every time than a non clutched shift.

To each their own.

Never said you couldn't do it, never claimed to be a god among mortals. So there is no need for the attitude as none was intended from me it's just how i talk....

My penis size is actually very uncomfortable i think i need a seat with a groove sculpted in it.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    You can drop the attitude for a start?

In my opinion clutchless shifting well does make you a better rider and has plenty of benefit on the street, as opposed to losing power on a slow clutch shift. in my opinion its alot harder to master a quick clutched shift in regards to getting it right every time than a non clutched shift.

To each their own.

Never said you couldn't do it, never claimed to be a god among mortals. So there is no need for the attitude as none was intended from me it's just how i talk....

My penis size is actually very uncomfortable i think i need a seat with a groove sculpted in it.
    There is a fair chance his dick is bigger than yours, the guy is fucking huge. I would think he makes his CB1300 look like a 250.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Thread Information