Thread: SJ50qt Service Manual

Bike
    Suzuki SJ50qt

SJ50qt Service Manual

Hey guys, I've been riding my little SJ50qt for a while now but it's developed a problem idling (it now stalls when idling and occasionally as you try to take off).

Note (fuel gauge has not worked the whole time I've had it...suspect the float system broken)

If anyone could assist it would be much appreciated. Things already tried;
    Replaced spark plug
    Cleaned and cleared the air filter
    Checked the ht lead

I feel a service manual might help in my attempt to restore and keep this moped going.

Andrι

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    All

Have you tried cleaning out the carb and did you manage to find a service manual?

Bike
    SV650SK3
    I would love it if I could get a manual also, I have just bought the moped for $100, knowing it had problems. I am pretty sure the problem is with the oil pump as two stroke oil is leaking into the drive casing. I cannot find a book to buy on line. If anyone has a section of their manual that is relevant that they could send, I would really appreciate it. Or even can you tell me how to find the oil pump. I am used to much bigger bikes and it is years since I worked on a two stroke.

Bike
    All

Oil Pump

I have the same problem. I have a lot of oil where the oil pump drives off the crank. I ended up replacing the seal between the oil drive and the drive casing to stop the oil leak. SIL (sealimports) have the seal. It is a 24 x 43 x 6 seal. At this stage it seems to have stopped the oil leaking into the drive case.
    I pulled the oil pump off last night but I could not find a seal in the country. I had to order one online. If you follow the oil line from the oil tank you will see the oil pump. It has 2 screws holding it on. I had to drop the engine down by unbolting the rear suspension as there isnt much room above the oil pump to get a screwdriver in there. If you want me to attach pictures let me know.

Can anyone let me know if the pump is supposed to leak oil past the seal.

Bike
    All

oil pump

I can finally confirm that after replacing the seal in the oil pump I no longer have a leaking oil pump. I still found a little oil in the drive case but that was left over from when it was leaking originally. After cleaning the oil out a couple of times I no longer have oil seeping out. I had to get the seal from overseas as I couldn't find one here in NZ. The link is http://www.mfgsupply.com/501415.html.

Bike
    SJ50QT
    Quote Originally Posted by kezzab View Post
    I have the same problem. I have a lot of oil where the oil pump drives off the crank. I ended up replacing the seal between the oil drive and the drive casing to stop the oil leak. SIL (sealimports) have the seal. It is a 24 x 43 x 6 seal. At this stage it seems to have stopped the oil leaking into the drive case.
    I pulled the oil pump off last night but I could not find a seal in the country. I had to order one online. If you follow the oil line from the oil tank you will see the oil pump. It has 2 screws holding it on. I had to drop the engine down by unbolting the rear suspension as there isnt much room above the oil pump to get a screwdriver in there. If you want me to attach pictures let me know.

Can anyone let me know if the pump is supposed to leak oil past the seal.

Hey Kezzab,

I'd be keen for some pictures if at all possible? I've ordered the seal and about to undertake the repair aswell. Mine is leaking oil and struggles to start, blows a lot of white smoke when it gets going.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Bike
    2002, suzuki sj50qt

eek so no manual's around?

Hiya, no chance of anyone getting hold of an ebook / manual for the sj50qt?

I'm in dire(ish) need of one.

Bike
    RZ350

SJ50QT Service manual

I'm after a SJ50QT service manual/ebook. Has anyone got one?

Bike
    1994 Suzuki Sepia Address
    I do have a PDF for ay50 same motor i think but no idea how to upload it

Bike
    1994 Suzuki Sepia Address

Thread Information