Thread: Morning KB (Jay^)

Bike
    vtr250

Morning KB (Jay^)

Gidday,

Im Jay, have been lurking around the forums non registered for a while trying to pick up wee bits of info. But thought its about time to get involved.

The Mrs and I are off to SE Asia for about 12 months at the start of September. We expect to travel around a fair bit by bike. We've used scooters for commuting and ive done some trail bike riding out at woodhill a few times but thought it would be good to get some more experience now.

Both pretty confidant riders, no issues with the BSHT and learners theory as you would expect.

We're now in the market for a bike to use for the next 8 weeks or so until we leave, ideally one which we could sell again easily to recoup some cash.

We're after something with a fairly upright riding position and not too heavy as the Mrs will be riding it as well.

Im looking at VTR250 vs Hyosung Comet vs GN250 - seem to be tons around in varying condition. Keen to hear opinions from owners past and present on these ?

I also stopped in at the local bike shop in Grey Lynn and they have suggested a 225 bronco, suggesting resale would be a simple matter as its a popular bike. Im having difficulty finding any decent reviews of the bike - assuming this is because it was mostly a Jap domestic market bike ?

Any feedback on the Bronco would be appreciated also.

Looking to spend around $3,000

Cheers !

Jay

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like the bike itself is not that important, have you looked into hiring one? Just because of the hassles of buying and reselling etc?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    A fast one
    Yamaha Scorpio 225 will do the trick. Similar style to what is used in Vietnam and Thailand - Popular bike and can be picked up pretty cheap on Trademe.

Bike
    vtr250
    We looked into renting but it mostly seems to be aimed at touring holidays rather than domestic rentals.

Funny you mention the Scorpio as I just noticed a couple on trade me last night, will take a closer look.

Thanks!

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay^ View Post
    We looked into renting but it mostly seems to be aimed at touring holidays rather than domestic rentals.

Funny you mention the Scorpio as I just noticed a couple on trade me last night, will take a closer look.

Thanks!

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    I've owned a Scorpio previously and while it may not feel perfect, it will handle 2 up riding - although not recommended for long distance trips!

Thread Information