Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can anyone show me (in person) how to change oil & filter?

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)

Gold star as well...

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Awesome, no photo's of the screwdriver hanging out of the side of the oil filter, that thing was on tight. With that little room to move an oil filter wrench is a good plan for next time, and picked up a good tip to put foil over the exhaust to keep the oil off when dropping the filter, just proves you're never to old to learn a new trick.....
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    Well done man. Brake pads is the next hurdle, then changing and setting up the chain.

Cheers eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Oil colour can be deceptive. It will darken as the oil does it's job. Jet black sludge is another matter!!

You can buy oil filter straps from Supercheap and the like for about $10 strap types that you hook up to a socket wrench and they wrap around and spin it off.

I also have a pair of gardening gloves with small rubber dots over the palms and fingers - great for gripping a oil filter.

I've been running K&N on my vehicles for a while - the nut on the end makes removal a breeze. Hi-Flo are top notch - they make oil filters for many factories too - just brand them with the bike makers name.

Bike
    2011 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    I was too focused on trying to solve the problem with that tight factory installed oil filter that I didn't even thought of taking a picture of that!

Thank you so much man. I really appreciate it. I've tried so many times to ask for help from dealerships who just turn me away.

See you on the road mate.

Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Awesome, no photo's of the screwdriver hanging out of the side of the oil filter, that thing was on tight. With that little room to move an oil filter wrench is a good plan for next time, and picked up a good tip to put foil over the exhaust to keep the oil off when dropping the filter, just proves you're never to old to learn a new trick.....

Bike
    2011 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Yeah! Neels tried that strap method too. But the bloody oil filter has never been changed on the bike since the manual recommended it to be changed only have every 2nd oil change I believe or every 12000kms? Don't remember but wasn't every time. I'll probably stick to the wrench that they recommend and also look at getting a K&N filter for its ease of use next time round...

Thanks for the tip buddy. Will definitely take that into consideration.

See you on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Oil colour can be deceptive. It will darken as the oil does it's job. Jet black sludge is another matter!!

You can buy oil filter straps from Supercheap and the like for about $10 strap types that you hook up to a socket wrench and they wrap around and spin it off.

I also have a pair of gardening gloves with small rubber dots over the palms and fingers - great for gripping a oil filter.

I've been running K&N on my vehicles for a while - the nut on the end makes removal a breeze. Hi-Flo are top notch - they make oil filters for many factories too - just brand them with the bike makers name.

Bike
    Suzuki RG400 Yamaha ST125 Yamaha TDR250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    you hang out with a lot of special people.

...or did it all happen at once?!
    over many years of running workshops,I could write a book mate
    "more than two strokes is masturbation"
    www.motoparts-online.com

Thread Information