View Poll Results: would you buy a KB Kalendar?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • yup, I wud

61 70.11%
  • yup, depending on cost (won't know how much per calendar yet)

26 29.89%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 KB Kalendar

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I like the idea and would certainly support it, but... (now don't hate me all at once)

Who's bikes?? I don't want to sound mean or anything, but cruisers, mo'tard etc don't do anything for me. SM, buggy, death et al bikes make me cream my pants (esp when I'm flat on the tank and they breeze past saving their front wheel )

I wouldn't want to buy a calendar full of cruisers, just not me really...

Then again, it would be ridiculous to produce different calendars wouldn't it??
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    I like the idea and would certainly support it, but... (now don't hate me all at once)

Who's bikes?? I don't want to sound mean or anything, but cruisers, mo'tard etc don't do anything for me. SM, buggy, death et al bikes make me cream my pants (esp when I'm flat on the tank and they breeze past saving their front wheel )

I wouldn't want to buy a calendar full of cruisers, just not me really...

Then again, it would be ridiculous to produce different calendars wouldn't it??
    I was thinking along the lines of all bikes, cruisers one month, sprot bikes the other, stunters the next, racers, a few of us 250'ers too ofcourse, large groups of bikes in formation, thrashy/death/loosebruce, etc doing their thing maybe even get a bunch of us all dressed in gear and helmets for a huge group photo.......

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy
    I was thinking along the lines of all bikes, cruisers one month, sprot bikes the other, stunters the next, racers, a few of us 250'ers too ofcourse, large groups of bikes in formation, thrashy/death/loosebruce, etc doing their thing maybe even get a bunch of us all dressed in gear and helmets for a huge group photo.......
    250's as well??? That would ruin a beautiful calendar. Or is it only going to be good condition ones... *hello, hello, that's funny, where'd everybody go*

Group photos would be good, could have them for the major centres, sticksvillians could travel to a centre
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    justsomebike
    250's as well??? That would ruin a beautiful calendar. Or is it only going to be good condition ones... *hello, hello, that's funny, where'd everybody go*

Group photos would be good, could have them for the major centres, sticksvillians could travel to a centre
    Most of the people here must have started out on 250's if we can get a creative pic that reminds them of their days then that would be great.....

Thinking of having something diff, more personalised to KB as we will be most of the market buying it - not one of those bike calendars for sale for 9.95 at the warehouse with all the studio shots.......

Let the arguments commence......

Bike
    All of them
    Is there a cafe press option?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    Had a 'fund' raising thought earlier and sat on it for a while.. then PM'd someone about it and looked for 'inspiration', but fell short (you're forgiven ), so I thought I'd look to the masses.

The idea? A calendar of KBers' bikes for 2006. No idea on cost yet, since I'd have to find out the best printing cost and then unit cost etc, but then the charge would cover the print, and then a portion of the price would go to Spank for this awesome site. Plus, we get to see a sparkly bike each month from KB (Sorry, June is already taken). Shots/bike pics from all over NZ too, not just the auckland crew. Then the name of the KBer and a little on the bike, if anything.

Just an idea for the moment. I have no issues with doing it all too, isn't that hard, or any of the other mac monkeys on here can lend a hand, or make it one big joint effort and get lots of input (but we are on a time constraint don't forget)..

So basically, just wanted some input, or even just the 'yes' button above, so I can get an idea on how many. Poll closes in 2 weeks time, so that things can be given time, if needs be/goes ahead. So far, I think about 200 or so. Print on a gloss/semi-gloss A4 wire bound in landscape, so as you look at it/hang it, the bike is on the back of the month just gone, and the new month hangs below the bike on show..
    Great Idea... if you get enough orders and need to get it printed by an actual printing company, my aunt is a rep for some printing place, so she can do up a quote for us... let me know if your keen
    I'm not a complete idiot... some pieces are missing

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong
    "Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

mucho papoosa bueno no panocha

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    BJ im a Mac Monkey but im not sure i can help. I have *cough cough* Fireworks but apart from that...
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    None any more
    No, I'm not going to pose nude, despite lucrative offers, thank you very much all the same.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    No, I'm not going to pose nude, despite lucrative offers, thank you very much all the same.
    Dude, this is a KB calendar not 'Calendar Girls'

Bike
    None any more
    Thank god for that. Could people please then stop ringing my agent...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    I would put my 250 in! I have ridden bigger bikes but I must say that my 250 is the best bike I have owned.
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    nothing :(
    Good idea Bug
    Second is the fastest loser

"It is better to have ridden & crashed than never to have ridden at all" by Bruce Bennett

DB is the new Porridge. Cause most of the mods must be sucking his cock ..... Or his giving them some oral help? How else can you explain it?

Bike
    na, broken!
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy
    Reckon it's a brilliant idea. There are a number of KB rider events around the country that if folk were to take pics of group KB folk. I enjoy putting faces to names & bikes, the voyuer in us all I guess.

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    was thinking a bit more about it last night.
    Obviously we have several hundred bikes which we all love, and only 11 months to choose from.

Bigest thing to bear in mind, is we can't let this get too big. Too many chefs, n all that. We don't have the time to form committees to meet each month blah blah, so we'll just have to run with it.

First port of cutting - photo quality. Can't have any old pixilated low quality shot (photos to be scanned can be accepted). So there's one cut there. If the photo isn't quite good enough, then sorry..

Secondly, repeat bikes.. as sexy as they are, the calendar can't be full of 04 636s.. What would be great, is group shots.. get all the 636s together, or all the R1s etc.. So that'll cut a few more down. The chosen shot will be the best of the bunch, so still submit a good shot.

Thirdly, the type of shot. A bike stood there in someones back yard in the pouring rain (unless it's 'art' in which case, you're in the wrong forum) isn't gonna look as sexy as a bike pulling a wheelie with a snow capped Mt Taranaki in the background.. see?

Fourthly, areas - can't have them all from Auckland crews, so I want to keep a good balance of all of NZ.. as best as possible (which will make the cut fairly hard..)

Fifthly, if this is as popular as first appears (hopefully won't just die off) and goes ahead, then we have next year to plan for. No repeats. If your bike makes it this time, then it'll be someone elses turn next time.

Sixthly, who ever is in to help (design wise, not shouting orders) helps to choose, but please refer to the main point at the top.

Seventhly, (lots, huh?) no bitchin

As for printing, I have a few printers I already use thru my work who always loves to bend over for me. He's a good bloke. However, a quote is a quote, and made to be broken. BD has already said he's got a good printer too. I'll put together a quick brief for print specs and we'll get in a few quotes to get the best deal. The printer may be mentioned on the back of the calendar if that'll knock a few bucks off.
    The other issue is the print. Printers like to get paid to do their work. Which means I'll be prepared to wear some costs until they're all sold. A 'per unit' cost will be created, and that'll be set. Half will go to the print, the other half goes to Spank. (term 'half' used loosely. Dunno until I find out how much stuff is). hmmmm what else...

Bike
    All good points dude. Was thinking that politics will come into this ie 'I cant believe that I was left out when I have contributed soo much!'. This makes me think that you get wellington noobish people to choose some Auckland/CHCH pics and vice-versa. An impartial/naiveish KBer thats going to choose on photo merits. Get more than one person and get them to vote or something. Commitee like.[EDIT]: more like a panel than Comitteeee (Sp)

Thread Information