View Poll Results: would you buy a KB Kalendar?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • yup, I wud

61 70.11%
  • yup, depending on cost (won't know how much per calendar yet)

26 29.89%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 KB Kalendar

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    How about some of those Medic bikes I've seen at Puke along with a cop bike or two.

Also you really don’t have much time to get this done. Calendars need to start selling at least a couple of months before the year starts. And with a specialty item like this you don’t have a large potential customer base, so you will need more time than that to make enough sales to make it worth while. From my experience, KB stuff only has limited sales. Once the year starts, sales will just drop off. You might want to consider getting it ready for 2007.
    From your experiance? You are the experiance!!
    I know about the time constraints. Ain't looking forward to that, so this one might come accross as a bit slap-dash in the end. I'm hoping not. They could easily be ready for December, as long as there are too many fukups. Printing won't take too long, it's just getting the pics in which will be the biggest issue.
    If it works, then we can start the 07 one earlier than this. My brain only works in spurts, and I think I'm almost out for the year!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar
    I think Spank is right. The selection process will take a while. You need to maybe write out a map/flow chart of the steps involved....time frames etc to see if its feasible.
    Having said that I reckon that a limited run, providing its not too expensive, would drum up interest for next year...build up a following. Maybe dont expect much of a return for the first edition and price the 'dars to pay for themselves. Besides, who says you cant release a calendar for June06-June07?
    had thought that, about 12 months from whenever to whenever.. we're non-conformist anti PCs, aren't we..??
    The photos will be the hardest/longest period. Aside from that, I'm used to working under pressure, so knocking up a calendar won't take long at all. Printing is only a few days at worst, a few amendments yada yada.. get it all the time. The pics are going to be the hardest thing.

The poll is speaking. It closes in 13 days time. After that, photos will have to pour in for me/us to get it done before Jan 06, else we'll have to go non-PC styleeeeeeeeeeeeeé

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    The pics are going to be the hardest thing....we'll have to go non-PC styleeeeeeeeeeeeeé
    I think you can heaps to prepare:
    1. Decide what mechanism you are going to use to get/aquire the pics.
    2. minimum resolution, what I would call 'submission resolution' (to minimise bandwidth for reviewers and submitters).
    3. organise a panel of judges.
    4. entry criteria.

Design the calendar after that to suit the pics. Oh and:

5. make it a Microsoft free production.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar
    I think you can heaps to prepare:
    1. Decide what mechanism you are going to use to get/aquire the pics.
    2. minimum resolution, what I would call 'submission resolution' (to minimise bandwidth for reviewers and submitters).
    3. organise a panel of judges.
    4. entry criteria.

Design the calendar after that to suit the pics. Oh and:

5. make it a Microsoft free production.
    1 - email, mail (for regular pics, but that'll have to be sooner than later), take pics myself/BD/whoever

2 - bloody big. I'll figure that bit out later. But most likely at least 180dpi @ 2600 x 1950 or there abouts. Might get away with a little less, or if it's half of this, could collage a few pics together. So room to work there..

3 - at the moment, it's open to those who want to help. I'm not going to pick people if they don't want to. There's a couple of peeps here I'll possibly ask for their input, since I value their views. But if you want to help, your more than welcome.

4 - outlined in previous posts. As for the style of photos, again, outlined before. Keep in sexy for the bike, and interesting. Not everyone is a pro photographer. That's obvious. It's also not the crit. Just do the best you can, and we'll see what comes thru.

5 - fukin oath mate.. it will be 100% M$ free. Can't stand that shit

Bike
    All of them
    My experience is Spank, buggy and one other (possibly a girl) should decide content.

You can ask that bloke who is Art Director for the National Motorcycle magazine for some assistance too - if required.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave
    My experience is Spank, buggy and one other (possibly a girl) should decide content.

You can ask that bloke who is Art Director for the National Motorcycle magazine for some assistance too - if required.
    fair play. you don't want much to do with it..?? so we need a girl.. jsg?
    and is 'that bloke' you mention, you then?

Bike
    All of them
    fair play. you don't want much to do with it..?? so we need a girl.. jsg?
    and is 'that bloke' you mention, you then?

I've done a few of these - mainly Triumph and Harley ones (with boobies). Any more than 3 becomes a committee and there are sig lines that sum that up.

I can advise if you are stuck s'wot I meant.

Bike
    none
    An idea for the group shots if they arn't too big is to have individual shots of the bikes on the lower part.

And I'de be in for a group shot of Cruisers. AFTER I get my bike cleaned up and painted.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    I've done a few of these - mainly Triumph and Harley ones (with boobies). Any more than 3 becomes a committee and there are sig lines that sum that up.

I can advise if you are stuck s'wot I meant.
    mmmmmmmm boobies...
    wouldn't mind your input, if it's not too much trouble, but I know what your saying about the numbers.

If Spank is in agreeance, then he and I, and we need a SM chick to absorb our smutty remarks ideas and turn them into something better, which should work to pick out the bikes/photos.

Then the design stage (less is more, the simpler, the better and all that crap) which won't take too long, then print and yada yada..

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander
    AFTER I get my bike cleaned up and painted.
    I think they wanted to do it for NEXT year.

Bike
    nothing :(
    1 - email, mail (for regular pics, but that'll have to be sooner than later), take pics myself/BD/whoever

2 - bloody big. I'll figure that bit out later. But most likely at least 180dpi @ 2600 x 1950 or there abouts. Might get away with a little less, or if it's half of this, could collage a few pics together. So room to work there..

3 - at the moment, it's open to those who want to help. I'm not going to pick people if they don't want to. There's a couple of peeps here I'll possibly ask for their input, since I value their views. But if you want to help, your more than welcome.

4 - outlined in previous posts. As for the style of photos, again, outlined before. Keep in sexy for the bike, and interesting. Not everyone is a pro photographer. That's obvious. It's also not the crit. Just do the best you can, and we'll see what comes thru.

5 - fukin oath mate.. it will be 100% M$ free. Can't stand that shit
    I will help with the photography and shit. Im not good but will give a shot and of course I will do it for "free"
    Second is the fastest loser

"It is better to have ridden & crashed than never to have ridden at all" by Bruce Bennett

DB is the new Porridge. Cause most of the mods must be sucking his cock ..... Or his giving them some oral help? How else can you explain it?

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Well there's enough shots of me lurking 'round here to sink a battle ship. You're welcome to use any of 'em, but I don't wanna influence in anyway what goes in the thing, I'll buy it regardless.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    Well there's enough shots of me lurking 'round here to sink a battle ship. You're welcome to use any of 'em, but I don't wanna influence in anyway what goes in the thing, I'll buy it regardless.
    OOOOH la-de-dah - The Trash goes all humble like.........

Bike
    none
    I think they wanted to do it for NEXT year.
    You know what I meant. lol Though certainly wouldn't mind a shot of my bike by itself for the '07 one. Once it's all done and pretty like.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    OOOOH la-de-dah - The Trash goes all humble like.........

Just trying out that "Reversed Psycology" thing. What I maent to say was " Print me ya bastards, or I'll cry!"

Better?
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Thread Information