View Poll Results: would you buy a KB Kalendar?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • yup, I wud

61 70.11%
  • yup, depending on cost (won't know how much per calendar yet)

26 29.89%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 KB Kalendar

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    well like I said, I know (probably not well enough) that people might get the arse ache cos they didn't get their bike in. But, if it goes well, then there's the following year.

I think that the longer serving members will obvisouly get the higher priority over a newbie who's just joined in the last couple of months (sorry guys, but.....). I'd shoot myself if I chose someone who's been here for a month over someone like Hitcher or Death or WT etc, and then the newb decides they've had enough of riding..

And don't forget, it's going to be more about the bikes, than the riders (and all types of bikes, since we're from all walks of prefs). I know it's the riders that makes the site, but at the end of the day, we all love the bikes, ya know? Plus, group shots would get more bikes in than just the one..

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    I think that the longer serving members will obvisouly get the higher priority over a newbie who's just joined in the last couple of months (sorry guys, but.....). I'd shoot myself if I chose someone who's been here for a month over someone like Hitcher or Death or WT etc, and then the newb decides they've had enough of riding..
    How about senior members only then?
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Well there better be sexy bikini chicks in it if you want me to buy one.

Has anyone suggested contacting the bike clubs to get there major event dates to be put on the calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    Well there better be sexy bikini chicks in it if you want me to buy one
    Weeell, none of us would have seen that request coming from you

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar
    How about senior members only then?
    you mean, taken from the Senior Members list? Yeah, that could be a good start. Quite possibly then, yeah... it'd help a bit

Well there better be sexy bikini chicks in it if you want me to buy one.

Has anyone suggested contacting the bike clubs to get there major event dates to be put on the calendar?
    I had thought about putting dates on it. But then, do they know what's planned this time next year? If so, then fuk yeah.. bring it on..
    Also thought about KBer's b'days, but thought that might be a bit cheesy..

as for the chicks, for you Spank, anything
    if we must, we must. We just need bikini chicks on KBer's bikes.. hmmmmm

what do ya reckon overall spank? worth it? no idea how much I can raise for ya yet, but I'm workin on it

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    And some well known NZ scenery for the background of some of the photos. I assume it's gonna be top page big image and bottom page dates? Could add some smaller photos to the bottom part as I've seen on some calendars.

Bike
    And some well known NZ scenery for the background of some of the photos. I assume it's gonna be top page big image and bottom page dates? Could add some smaller photos to the bottom part as I've seen on some calendars.
    thinkin alike..
    gets more bikes in that way, but one main feature pic at the top

Bike
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V
    Great idea. I'd like to see it done every year.
    Marty

Ever notice that anyone slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

Bike
    '02 ZX6R
    A calendar of KBers' bikes for 2006

Good idea. Excellent idea in fact.

It should be a good assortment of bikes, types (a rat bike, a bucket, a Hardly, a chookchaser, BSA Bantam etc etc...not just shiny new ones, 'cos this site includes all kinds of bikers and we can see new shiny bikes in the bike mags anyway) and with a bit of interesting background and preferably with the owner pictured with the bike.Well...except that....anybody know what Winja looks like????
    Kerry

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Count me out. My thrashed bike and my ugly mug wouldn't pull in the customers

You should get all the dirt bikers to take a jump all at once, that would be an awesome pic

Bike
    Sold
    The idea? A calendar of KBers' bikes for 2006.
    Yup, I wud buy one or two, bout the only calendar I would ever buy cos I get given heaps of freebies from my suppliers at work each year!

Thanks for the volunteer work BJ! :spudbn:

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    Count me out. My thrashed bike and my ugly mug wouldn't pull in the customers

You should get all the dirt bikers to take a jump all at once, that would be an awesome pic
    well, not every bike will make the cut.. your rat bike probably wouldn't..
    but all the dirt bikes jumping would look pretty damn awesome..

and it's not just sprotbikes, it's every style of bike (hopefully), since they're all KB bikes. Hate to put a big head on us, but this is about us.

Anyhoo, just a wee example of what I was thinking the final would look like. Borrowed the awesome artwork of Big Dave, and just threw something together (and yes, I know the dates are wrong). The next bike/month is just a flip over the other side. And wire bound in the middle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	16365  

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMedic
    What say an emergency services page..
    How about some of those Medic bikes I've seen at Puke along with a cop bike or two.

Also you really don’t have much time to get this done. Calendars need to start selling at least a couple of months before the year starts. And with a specialty item like this you don’t have a large potential customer base, so you will need more time than that to make enough sales to make it worth while. From my experience, KB stuff only has limited sales. Once the year starts, sales will just drop off. You might want to consider getting it ready for 2007.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMedic
    Thinks of unselfish way to get my bike in there....here ya go..

What say an emergency services page.. FF's big yellow truck in the background along with our (Me n RR) white wagons and Nodmans mode of transport.. With our bikes displayed nicely in front all up on racestands like.
    could do.. or we could find you a nice trike to thrash about on
    could do the ES thing tho, but that'd be an AKL thing.. unless the other areas (or service peeps on KB to be more precise) want to get something sorted out, and then we can have a collage of KB's ES team..

Would Spudchuck and Bykercop wanna pose with their black tinted lids on at either side? GR style..??

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Also you really don’t have much time to get this done. Calendars need to start selling at least a couple of months before the year starts.
    I think Spank is right. The selection process will take a while. You need to maybe write out a map/flow chart of the steps involved....time frames etc to see if its feasible.
    Having said that I reckon that a limited run, providing its not too expensive, would drum up interest for next year...build up a following. Maybe dont expect much of a return for the first edition and price the 'dars to pay for themselves. Besides, who says you cant release a calendar for June06-June07?
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Thread Information