Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trials helmet alternative

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    FFM commander? I'm a medium bonce.. Could this be my lucky day? When you say chips, the ones you get with fish? Or the ones in packets with a Penguin on them? If so, what flavour? If you don't have dreadlocks and the helmet has not been tested, PM me. Can put $$$ into your bank ac and courier you the chups.

That's the highest question mark count I have ever had in one post.

RE the MX lid. I get where your coming from but the one I have is visually restrictive and bloody hot, I notice the weight quickly, too. A little lid for falling off in my boulderless garden would be fine. I think.
    Nah Bro, I got rid of my Dreads when I started seeing to many otha Honky brothas with them......
    The only reason I don't use it is because I use my Trials bike on the farm & I couldn't hear the dogs or the critters with it on. So I use a horse helmet instead.......

And no, its not been tested. And its clean.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Critters? Seen that movie.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    Had a look at the NZ made FFM Commander?. Its a trails type helmet thats being aimed at farmers who want something better than the next to useless Aghat helmet. About $100 or so l think.
    are you sure that they are NZ made, i thought the factory closed down and they were importing everything from asia

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Will let you know, just ordered one.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    08 RMZ250
    I have a FFM Commander, so easy to whip on and off, a lot better vision then an MX helmet too.
    I just have a few logs set up in the fence lines at home with a electric bungy for the top wire which i can unclip and pull back, opens up about half of my property hopefully link up all paddocks soon.
    Sold my partner on the idea that she needs this for her horses, but i had other plans

Faster on the MX bike still then the trials bike currently. (plus trials bike is broken.......again)

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy L View Post
    I have a FFM Commander, so easy to whip on and off, a lot better vision then an MX helmet too.
    I just have a few logs set up in the fence lines at home with a electric bungy for the top wire which i can unclip and pull back, opens up about half of my property hopefully link up all paddocks soon.
    Sold my partner on the idea that she needs this for her horses, but i had other plans

Faster on the MX bike still then the trials bike currently. (plus trials bike is broken.......again)
    I got an FFM from emoto on trademe. Delivered from ChCh to Northland in 24 hours. Very impressed. Like the helmet, too. Spent an hour or so playing yesterday and forgot I was wearing it after a few minutes. It did get a bit warm.
    Great timing on my part, I'm gradually making new sections in the garden, harder ones as my abilities improve. Smacked my scone off a branch twice yesterday when I lost traction.
    Can't remember who originally suggested it but cheers. Perfect for my needs.
    Manopausal.

Thread Information