Thread: KLX jetting rich?

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr

KLX jetting rich?

New klx just run in with service done.

Love the bike and playing with suspension to get it handling as I want it to.

Issue that has reared its head is when riding up steep hills or banks with about 1/4 throttle on it seems to start running rough like its loading up and I have to give it a bit more and then it clears suddenly and gets into it which isn't what ya want on a steep uphill.

Same thing happens if I keep it going a bit more up bank and feather the throttle a little as I go over the top it does the same ( runs rough then clears and gets into power).

The bike has been rejetted and airbox, muffler opened up from dealer.

Are the simptoms im describing pointing to rich at 14 throttle and if so is it the pilot jet,air screw or needle clip?.
    Am going to ring the dealer tomorrow but thought I would ask the kb experts.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    plug chop it.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    could be accelerater pump related maybe, KLX450's run FCR pumper carbs, there is a number of tuning options, it sounds more pilot jet tho at that throttle position,

plug chopping would not really give you many answers at that sort of RPM with unleaded gas,

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    could be accelerater pump related maybe, KLX450's run FCR pumper carbs, there is a number of tuning options, it sounds more pilot jet tho at that throttle position,

plug chopping would not really give you many answers at that sort of RPM with unleaded gas,
    Yes I figure pilot jet too and after talking to the shop I bought it from they said they did richen it quite q bit on the pilot after mods so said run it a few more hours and if when run in it still does it they will look at it.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi cowboy View Post
    Yes I figure pilot jet too and after talking to the shop I bought it from they said they did richen it quite q bit on the pilot after mods so said run it a few more hours and if when run in it still does it they will look at it.
    the klx carb is not the easiest thing to get to to change jets either which does not make it to easy,

Bike
    Niftyfifty
    Take it back to the shop

Thread Information