Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feedback on Continental tyres please

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swivel View Post
    So would it be fair to say that Conties are better then the Shinko?
    Shinko make great drag tires. Shinko make blue smoke bomb tires.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Ultimately, while we can all recommend our favourites (mine is Michelin Pilot Roads - used 1, 2, 3 and 4) our views are extremely subjective.

Two riders, same model bike, same model tyres. Another rider loved the tyres, I hated them. That's how easily we can all differ.

Very true - I tried some Pilot Powers - did not liked them and flicked them off after a 1000 kms - other riders take them home and have sexual relations with them they like them so much.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Very true - I tried some Pilot Powers - did not liked them and flicked them off after a 1000 kms - other riders take them home and have sexual relations with them they like them so much.
    I really don't mind the tire I have that much. Its does effect the speed I travel if the tires less sporty. Maybe I don't ride very hard. I must admit new tires that tip in fast feel good.
    It doesn't seem like long ago that when a tire let go it hooked back up in a hurry and wanted to spit you off the bike. In the last 10 years that seems to have improved. You can get the back end out of line and bring it back again fairly easily.

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    I have been fitting Conti Milestones WW's for the last few tyre changes.

I find them a very good tyre for my heavyweight. They dont last as long as the Dunlop HD tyres but provide superiour wet weather performance. I also like the way they perform when being pushed. They seem to be a lot like the old contiBlitz which was a sports/touring tyre.

I am happy with these tyres, I will be purchasing more as they work well in the dry and perform very well in the wet.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Seem to be some cheap Road Attack 2s are cheap at the moment so will pick up a set next week and spoon them on before the big rides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Did some kms on the weekend. Front is a more than half worn conti motion. Rear of the bike was very heavily loaded and front very light. Cold and wet and it seemed to be good at moderate pace but did notice it had a bit of head shake off the throttle. Will be combo of load and well used tire im picking.
    If they are still $299 a set ill get some when the almost dead rear dies.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    My bandit has a conti motion on the front and a pilot road 2 on the back. Both over half worn. They seem ok so ill swap them out for a new set of conti motions for $300 when this set die.

Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Did some kms on the weekend. Front is a more than half worn conti motion. Rear of the bike was very heavily loaded and front very light. Cold and wet and it seemed to be good at moderate pace but did notice it had a bit of head shake off the throttle. Will be combo of load and well used tire im picking.
    If they are still $299 a set ill get some when the almost dead rear dies.

I had a Conti Motion on the rear of the 1250 - it let go often enough that I would never use one again ... and that was NOT under complete emergency situations ... I much prefer the PR4s I curently run ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    I had a Conti Motion on the rear of the 1250 - it let go often enough that I would never use one again ... and that was NOT under complete emergency situations ...
    Ditto my wife. She's got Conti Motions on her Gladius and hates them. Planning on putting PRs on both our bikes next time round.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    I had a Conti Motion on the rear of the 1250 - it let go often enough that I would never use one again ... and that was NOT under complete emergency situations ... I much prefer the PR4s I curently run ...
    Its possible I ride so slow tyre choice doesn't make much difference. They appear to slide as well as most other tyres I have used. Im not a fan of how some tyres bite when they regain traction. Dunlop sportmax seemed to do that a few years ago.

Thread Information