Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Continental tyres please

Bike
    Trumpet

Feedback on Continental tyres please

I have never heard of these tyres before which is why I want to know more about them, the overseas reviews about them are mixed. I know NZ roads are different. So if anyone has used or have these tyres some sort of review would be much appreciated.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Road attacks? Race tyres?

I've heard nothing but good things.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Swivel View Post
    I have never heard of these tyres before which is why I want to know more about them, the overseas reviews about them are mixed. I know NZ roads are different. So if anyone has used or have these tyres some sort of review would be much appreciated.
    Ive heard good and bad things but like most thinks about tyres it is more about the rider and bike. I would doubt the big brands would make an utter shit tyre and Conti is a good brand.

Im interested in trying some in the future, my k4 Bandit likes to eat tyres. I just swapped out some Pilot Road 2s to some Pilot roads I had kicking about but a new set will be a few months away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    A
    German tyres on a Japanese bike? Don't mention zee war...

Continental has been around for yonks, opinions are divided of course, so unless you're just buying on low price it won't matter much what anyone on here proffers as opinion.

You'll also find Michelin Pilot Road 2/3/4 are a good match for your bike, as well as Metzeler Z8.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    I've used them for the last 20 years on different bikes, my only criticism is that they last about 20,000km less than I'd like them to!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    German tyres on a Japanese bike? Don't mention zee war...

Continental has been around for yonks, opinions are divided of course, so unless you're just buying on low price it won't matter much what anyone on here proffers as opinion.

You'll also find Michelin Pilot Road 2/3/4 are a good match for your bike, as well as Metzeler Z8.
    As I only got 8,000ks out of PR2s i wouldnt mind finding something a bit harder wearing.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    As I only got 8,000ks out of PR2s i wouldnt mind finding something a bit harder wearing.
    Harder wearing tyres have their downside ... down being the operative word ...

If you are more keen on keeping to a budget ... than knowing the tyres will hang on when the road/weather is not at it's best ... is entirely the owners choice.

No matter what tyre you fit on the larger cc/high HP bikes ... they will chew rear tyres.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Harder wearing tyres have their downside ... down being the operative word ...

If you are more keen on keeping to a budget ... than knowing the tyres will hang on when the road/weather is not at it's best ... is entirely the owners choice.

No matter what tyre you fit on the larger cc/high HP bikes ... they will chew rear tyres.
    Thanks Captain Obvious.

I wear fronts out before rears on it. But the rear will be gone in a thousand ks, sides worn out but ok in the middle.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    My bandit has a conti motion on the front and a pilot road 2 on the back. Both over half worn. They seem ok so ill swap them out for a new set of conti motions for $300 when this set die.

The other bike can stay on super corsas though.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    None any more
    Road Attack 2s are fantastic tyres. Great for handling and wear. If it wasn't for Mr Bridgestone's extremely sharp pricing on the T30s, I would be riding on some.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    My bandit has a conti motion on the front and a pilot road 2 on the back. Both over half worn. They seem ok so ill swap them out for a new set of conti motions for $300 when this set die.

The other bike can stay on super corsas though.
    Was thinking the same to be fair. I get nowhere near the limits of the tyres on the Bandit.

Got BT016rs on my good bike, would like to try some Super Corsas for the next set.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Was thinking the same to be fair. I get nowhere near the limits of the tyres on the Bandit.

Got BT016rs on my good bike, would like to try some Super Corsas for the next set.
    Get ready for a large price rise but they feel, grip and turn in nice and they don't seem to weigh a lot. I have managed 900km out of the rear so far without a lot of wear. Was expecting 2k only but might get 3k. Due to the low millage per year it means replaced once a year which is good. I don't like tyres that are getting older.

The bandit not as important as im not asking it many questions about grip levels and conti motions seem fine as long as you understand the time it takes to get heat into them is a little longer.

I had conti road-attacks on the MT01 a few years ago and they were a great tyre.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Get ready for a large price rise but they feel, grip and turn in nice and they don't seem to weigh a lot. I have managed 900km out of the rear so far without a lot of wear. Was expecting 2k only but might get 3k. Due to the low millage per year it means replaced once a year which is good. I don't like tyres that are getting older.

The bandit not as important as im not asking it many questions about grip levels and conti motions seem fine as long as you understand the time it takes to get heat into them is a little longer.

I had conti road-attacks on the MT01 a few years ago and they were a great tyre.
    I dont get into huge lean angles filtering to work everyday.

But yeah want gooduns on my other boike.

Bike
    A
    Ouch! If you're shredding a PR2 set in 8k then it might be the riding style that's causing it...

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Ouch! If you're shredding a PR2 set in 8k then it might be the riding style that's causing it...
    They had a fair chunk of 2 up on them and we like a corner.....

Thread Information