Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MNZ new drug and alcohol rule

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R

MNZ new drug and alcohol rule

From http://www.mnz.co.nz/docs/default-so...1.pdf?sfvrsn=2

6.20 Alcohol and Drugs
    6.20.1 MNZ has a zero tolerance regarding the use of drugs and alcohol in sport.
    6.20.2 The taking of, or suffering from the effects of drugs or alcohol by any competitor, official or
    crew at a race meeting is strictly forbidden under MNZ rules.
    6.20.3 Where there is a suspicion of a Member and/or participant attending or taking part in a
    competition while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, Stewards in consultation with the
    Clerk of the Course, may prohibit the Member and/or participant from attending or taking
    part in the competition.
    very board swipe taken here, when only a suspicion is needed to ban you from a competition,

now not to sure what the answer is here, as needing a test may be going to far as having every steward at every meeting having a testing kit is really not possible,

Bike
    a red heap
    But what if you appeal their decision?

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    b) Any official, competitor, competitor’s team or crew can be subject to an MNZ
    approved tests.

f) Any subsequent “not negative” test recorded in the same licence period i.e.; 1st
    July to 30th June will result in that members licence or warrant being suspended
    for 3 months. Any further not negative results will result in their MNZ
    Competition Licence or MNZ officials Warrant been cancelled.

Suspision is NOT good enough nor acceptable in my opinion! There are way too many POLITICS going on in the sport, where a word of mouth from someone, ( Ie the old boys club from up in AUCKLAND or one lost sole in the sth will cause huge suspisions on others. I have told many of them what I think of them as people, Guess who will be hassled and stood down where ever they go and try to race, meaning that rider is going to LOOSE a SHIT ton of money driving to say Invercargill, for some wanker to cast suspision with his mate, to get a rider stood down, this just is NOT sport NOR fair on any MNZ license holder full stop. This WILL leed to court cases, meaning riders money being WASTED which will then leed to the media when a rider wins there appeal or what ever, which will bring our sport into disrepute big time! So who gets the sack or stood down when all this happens.

Team crew also, Eh What? So it is ok for a team crew member to build a bike that is Not within the rules, but this person cannot have a drink or 20 the night before they go and do there bit of work for the rider. Maybe they are thinking that the crew member could cause danger for others by being hung over still?

3 Months ONLY for a "Non Negative" again eh what? So a cheat may get 12 months, YET is causing NO SAFETY risk to anyone, yet a Drug user or piss head only gets a 3 month stand down.

So, are they also going to introduce a ban on crew members and engine builders and suspension people that build NON SPEC stuff?

Nah, it is just the PC world takin over again.

What happens when some one says they are very suspicious of say, a Clerk of the course at certain meetings, or flag marshalls at certain meetings? come on team, think before you act like this< haha, that is funny coming from me, I know. I now have to pass a full medical and mental test again before MNZ will re issue me with a license. They told me after my 12 month stand down was completed, so really, they have stood me down for more than the original ban, which was issued to a NON LICENSE holder, quite unique how the office works these days.

I know this post will end up at the MNZ office as ALL of mine do these days, strange that. Haha, I am already under this SUSPISION clowd, as I have now been told after my 12 month ban finished, that MNZ now want a full medical doing on me again, if it was just for the safety of the other competitors, I would not care at all really, but I am Confident that a little man has told a lot of CRAP stories about me once again, causing the office reaction, PS, I have passed ever alchol and drug test ever done at the race track or work place.
    Last edited by Shaun Harris; 14th August 2015 at 15:19. Reason: asked to by head office
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    b) Any official, competitor, competitor’s team or crew can be subject to an MNZ
    approved tests.

f) Any subsequent “not negative” test recorded in the same licence period i.e.; 1st
    July to 30th June will result in that members licence or warrant being suspended
    for 3 months. Any further not negative results will result in their MNZ
    Competition Licence or MNZ officials Warrant been cancelled.

Suspision is NOT good enough nor acceptable in my opinion! There are way too many POLITICS going on in the sport, where a word of mouth from someone, ( Ie the old boys club from up in AUCKLAND or one lost sole in the sth will cause huge suspisions on others. I have told many of them what I think of them as people, Guess who will be hassled and stood down where ever they go and try to race, meaning that rider is going to LOOSE a SHIT ton of money driving to say Invercargill, for some wanker to cast suspision with his mate, to get a rider stood down, this just is NOT sport NOR fair on any MNZ license holder full stop. This WILL leed to court cases, meaning riders money being WASTED which will then leed to the media when a rider wins there appeal or what ever, which will bring our sport into disrepute big time! So who gets the sack or stood down when all this happens.

Team crew also, Eh What? So it is ok for a team crew member to build a bike that is Not within the rules, but this person cannot have a drink or 20 the night before they go and do there bit of work for the rider. Maybe they are thinking that the crew member could cause danger for others by being hung over still?

3 Months ONLY for a "Non Negative" again eh what? So a cheat may get 12 months, YET is causing NO SAFETY risk to anyone, yet a Drug user or piss head only gets a 3 month stand down.

So, are they also going to introduce a ban on crew members and engine builders and suspension people that build NON SPEC stuff?

Nah, it is just the PC world takin over again.

What happens when some one says they are very suspicious of say, VICKY at the office for drug usage, does she get a stand down? Or a Clerk of the course at certain meetings, or flag marshalls at certain meetings, or JIM TUCKERMAN for being pissed as he usually is and was, come on team, think before you act like this< haha, that is funny coming from me, I know. I now have to pass a full medical and mental test again before MNZ will re issue me with a license. They told me after my 12 month stand down was completed, so really, they have stood me down for more than the original ban, which was issued to a NON LICENSE holder, quite unique how the office works these days.

I know this post will end up at the MNZ office as ALL of mine do these days, strange that. Haha, I am already under this SUSPISION clowd, as I have now been told after my 12 month ban finished, that MNZ now want a full medical doing on me again, if it was just for the safety of the other competitors, I would not care at all really, but I am Confident that a little man has told a lot of CRAP stories about me once again, causing the office reaction, PS, I have passed ever alchol and drug test ever done at the race track or work place.
    are you off the milo again?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    But what if you appeal their decision?
    Come equipped with a lawyer...Appeal, give sample if requested, continue racing till the result is back...

I can see a lawyer being a standard piece of kit on the team.
    First person or team to secure sponsorship from a law firm, gets a chocy fish....
    First person or team to protest MNZ Steward or CoC under this clause also gets chocy fish...

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    From http://www.mnz.co.nz/docs/default-so...1.pdf?sfvrsn=2

very board swipe taken here, when only a suspicion is needed to ban you from a competition,

now not to sure what the answer is here, as needing a test may be going to far as having every steward at every meeting having a testing kit is really not possible,
    They are getting ready for the new H&S regs then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Come equipped with a lawyer...Appeal, give sample if requested, continue racing till the result is back......
    You don't even need a Lawyer if you follow the correct process do you?

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    30 minutes of BASIC RESEARCH STOPS all this SHIT asap

surestep drug and alchjol test kits- GOOGLE is ya friend.

I propose that ALL CLUBS put in the SUB REGS that ALL RIDERS must bring a sample test kit to each round if put under SUSPISION by some jelous coward or the OLD BOYS club!!!!!!!

This makes it FAIR and for the GOOD of the sport!
    Last edited by Shaun Harris; 14th August 2015 at 15:27.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    motocompo
    The last place left where you could ride a bike pissed & they've gone & ruined it for everyone with their silly rules.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    The last place left where you could ride a bike pissed & they've gone & ruined it for everyone with their silly rules.

Now that is funny Bob
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    You don't even need a Lawyer if you follow the correct process do you?
    My contention is that you need a lawyer to hold any MNZ official to the correct process...

Your comment, while probably tongue in cheek, smacks of "I don't need a lawyer if I'm innocent" which is simply naive.

Bike
    suzuki
    b)
    Suspision

sole

leed

takin

I now have to pass a full medical and mental test again before MNZ will re issue me with a license.

clowd,

alchol
    lucky you don't have to pass a spelling test too eh?

Bike
    motocompo
    b) This WILL leed to court cases, meaning riders money being WASTED.
    It could also lead (yes it's fucking lead, leed is lemonade ffs) to people turning their back on racing altogether & spending their disposable income/leisure dollar on a million & one options that don't include motorcycle racing.
    Which could include anything from scuba diving, flying planes/ gliders, adventure riding, kayaking, water skiing, world travel, pottery, macrame, buying a Porsche & carrying on like a posing fuckwit. The list is virtually endless.
    The powers that be need to realise that racing is not the whole world to a lot of people that are nearing the end of their tether with the whole carry on.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    weight, NO wait, I will try to improve my spelling one day sorry guys LOL

And agree with you Bob, the politics of it all, are way way to much of a hassle for people to enjoy much of it these days.

I just want to race again for fun, as I will be as slow as fuck now, and prob quite scared of injuring myself again, but FUK spending a shit load of money on building a bike, then have some cock suckers create a cloud of suspision, to be sent home from Invercargill. What is the point even in trying to help young riders, when you are basically playing a GABLING game.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    motocompo
    What is the point even in trying to help young riders, when you are basically playing a GABLING game.
    The ex & I built quite a flash house back in about '99, the builder said that having a complex roof would add to the price considerably, but we stuck to the plan & did quite well off it when we sold it. It was a GABLING game.

Thread Information