Thread: 11th Annual Kiwi Biker Gathering - Mangakino - Queen's Birthday Weekend

Bike
    2000 Kawasaki ZX-12R

11th Annual Kiwi Biker Gathering - Mangakino - Queen's Birthday Weekend

Trying out Mangakino this year. Sorry for the late notice but there were a few issues with the calendar app on kiwibiker. The calendar event is here.

WHAT IS THE KB GATHERING?
    An excuse for social minded motorcycle riders to ride during the day and eat, drink and be merry during the night.

WHAT ARE WE DOING?
    Friday
    Some of us will be arriving on Friday evening. This is optional as the main part of the 'Gathering' is on Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday
    Leave around 10 a.m. for a ride/tiki tour during the day, arriving back in good time to greet the rest of you as you arrive. Settle in for the night, eat, drink, tell lies and discuss routes for Sunday.

Sunday
    Leave around 10 a.m. for a group ride or multiple group rides, depending on numbers. Dinner and drinks at the Mangakino Hotel for those who are staying the night.

Monday
    Say our goodbyes and head back home.

WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
    Saturday, June 4th, Sunday, June 5th and Monday, June 6th. Some of us will be arriving on Friday night.

WHERE ARE WE STAYING?
    Mangakino Hotel
    55 Rangatira Drive
    Mangakino
    07 882 8800
    http://www.mangakinohotel.co.nz/
    Skills exceeded only by my modesty and good looks.

Bike
    TF125
    Take a good bike lock.

Bike
    Sold
    Might come down for a day ride.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Last Queens Birthday we a few friends come here and stay for the weekend at the Maraetai Lodge. We all walked up to Club and had a Roast tea for $12 per head, played some pool and had a few drinks. The Sunday ride one of the coldest days ride I think I had done but it's all about the bullshit talk at the end of the day right?

Maraetai Lodge, awesome covered outdoor area just a few doors down from us. Everyone parked their bikes in our garage. http://www.lake-maraetai-lodge.co.nz/Gallery

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/dir/Ma...-38.368473!3e0

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    The Sunday ride one of the coldest days ride I think I had done but it's all about the bullshit talk at the end of the day right?
    I was going to ride down, but if people are going to talk 'bullshit' ???? that rules me out, (maybe)
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    I was going to ride down, but if people are going to talk 'bullshit' ???? that rules me out, (maybe)
    We're away working so the level of it will be less..

Bike
    2000 Kawasaki ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Last Queens Birthday we a few friends come here and stay for the weekend at the Maraetai Lodge. We all walked up to Club and had a Roast tea for $12 per head, played some pool and had a few drinks. The Sunday ride one of the coldest days ride I think I had done but it's all about the bullshit talk at the end of the day right?

Maraetai Lodge, awesome covered outdoor area just a few doors down from us. Everyone parked their bikes in our garage. http://www.lake-maraetai-lodge.co.nz/Gallery

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/dir/Ma...-38.368473!3e0
    Nice! That's another option. If you liked that route, you should see the one we're doing on Saturday. Going to some of the same places, but staying off the main roads (all sealed).
    Skills exceeded only by my modesty and good looks.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by figjam View Post
    Nice! That's another option. If you liked that route, you should see the one we're doing on Saturday. Going to some of the same places, but staying off the main roads (all sealed).
    Weather looking good for the weekend. Could be there to do a few of the roads I used to ride in the back in the 60s.

Bike
    Sold
    Great ride today. Fog in the morning by the Waikato river was wet and thick. A bit cloudy around Te Kuiti. Did few roads I have never been on before but they did help to get a bit more rubber of the chicken strips.

Thread Information