Thread: KLX400r /sr v DRZ400e differences?

Bike
    suzuki rmz250 and Hayabusa

KLX400r /sr v DRZ400e differences?

Who can clear up the differences between the KLX400 S and SR and the DRZ400E,
    Did NZ get two variants of the KLX400 with different power , different carbs, Mikuni CV v Keihin FCR,
    I want a road registered model but don't want to end up with a low power model like the DRZ400SM.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave89 View Post
    Who can clear up the differences between the KLX400 S and SR and the DRZ400E,
    Did NZ get two variants of the KLX400 with different power , different carbs, Mikuni CV v Keihin FCR,
    I want a road registered model but don't want to end up with a low power model like the DRZ400SM.
    they are the same bike, it was part of the ill fated 'share the models' time that kawasaki and suzuki had during the 00's,

Kawasaki brought in two models, in 04 it was the full off road one, and then in 05 it was the full horsepower aussie road legal one, (with the FCR carb) some guys stripped them down to off road spec, it is near impossible to make the off road one road legal, so do checks before you buy one to convert back, check to see if the VIN is in the LTSA system,

most of the road legal DRZ suzuki brought in were the full horsepower e28 (aussie) spec as well, but there were a few times run out models came though,

easiest way to tell is the plastic fuel tank, and the FCR carb,

weird fact at the time, the DRZ400 only had a 6 month warranty, but the KLX had a 12 month warranty, even tho it was the same bike built by suzuki,

Bike
    Thanks Scott, i knew you would have the full answer.

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    I see you've put a bid in...it would've been a good buy at the buy now price. Good luck with the auction.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    I see you've put a bid in...it would've been a good buy at the buy now price. Good luck with the auction.
    Yep, Happy with that, long ride home though.

Thread Information