Thread: Clear spray paint for frame?

Bike
    Yamaha Fzx 250 Zeal, Suzuki Fxr 150

Clear spray paint for frame?

Ok i got a FXR 150 and the frame has some rust in places because the paint or what ever is starting to come off in some areas and what I dont want is it to flake off and rust more so is there any sort of spray paint thats clear and water proof that I can just sand the rusted/flaked areas and then put a clear water proof layer over it? or even a grey water proof spray paint or something? I dont really care if it doesnt match the color of the frame 100% what I dont want is the frame rusting and flaking more.

so what I want is to sand the rusted area which is only a few centimeters and then put 1 protective layer of paint/spraypaint or what ever will do the job so what sort of painting material would you recommend for this?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Yes there is.

Frame colour? If black - pretty easy to get a reasonable match.

Your local Bunnings, Placemakers, Supercheap etc will stop a selection of spray cans and undercoats that will suit your needs.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    clearkote. rattle can. 8 buck at the warehouse bro.

or pa10. or no.3 DTL.

but really. dont be a bitch. prep that shit and paint it properly.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    clearkote. rattle can. 8 buck at the warehouse bro.

or pa10. or no.3 DTL.

but really. dont be a bitch. prep that shit and paint it properly.
    Wot h.e, wait a minuttttttttte, Akz, was that ewe?
    Na he's right strip the bike, expose the whole frame, make sure you haven't already got rusted through bits, then sand it up proper like and undercoat, sealer it, then top coat, paint not that expensive and cheap insurance against rust damage.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Yamaha Fzx 250 Zeal, Suzuki Fxr 150
    Thanks guys, yeah I know this is not ideal but I just got the bike and I have like no money at all so I just have to sand off some of the minor rust/paint flaking and do this which should be good for a few months untill I get enough money then I will paint the frame matte black and also the gas tank.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    nothing says class like matte black paint on your waka

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by atom608 View Post
    Thanks guys, yeah I know this is not ideal but I just got the bike and I have like no money at all so I just have to sand off some of the minor rust/paint flaking and do this which should be good for a few months untill I get enough money then I will paint the frame matte black and also the gas tank.
    u chould always just get crc if you have it and spray it anything to cover it over , keep air out . bit of grease etc

its not going to rust through in a few months though i know looks yuk

i know what you mean about no money isint easy but spend on petrol keep enjoying your bike

you might try car panel beater . i once went with my mum to one that re sprayed part of her car, and i had nasty scratch down the door

of my car and dude painted in some anti corrison gunk for free which bloody nice of him.

just go in and ask about it they may say look we just fix it for you never know

Thread Information