Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curvento leather gear?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by v twin View Post
    I thought that even branded sport leathers like spyke etc used 1mm, could be wrong. A poor zip would probably cancel out the benefit of the leather though....
    Ride only on wet days ... you'll slide further/better ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Or the stitching and overlap/joining of the seams.

its the whole package you need to judge.

does it fit, can you move.

Do do you go for long rides and need to take a pit stop or carry gear.
    these little things often forgotten during purchase.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by v twin View Post
    I thought that even branded sport leathers like spyke etc used 1mm, could be wrong. A poor zip would probably cancel out the benefit of the leather though....
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...-air-race-suit

Scroll down to suit features ... 2mm leather to start with.

But loo0k at the features of the jackets you were looking at first and compare them with other jackets.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post

But loo0k at the features of the jackets you were looking at first and compare them with other jackets.
    Wow that is a serious piece if kit, things have come a long way since I last bought a leather (cough) jacket at a bike show for $100.

Looking at the curvento jacket though I may just try one, specs seem no less than average for price and a made to measure for me would be awesome as I was put together with spare parts

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Ride only on wet days ... you'll slide further/better ...
    That works for me, I actually love riding in the rain

Bike
    moped
    As i said, i did some research early last year, as they were advertising on Trade Me then, i also went to the Kapiti Road place, found nothing, also that is not the Registered Company name that i saw then, it was another name, i would certainly check this out properly before ordering anything, i could be wrong....

Bike
    GN125H 2015

Good Jackets

Take a look at http://www.ficeda.com.au/riding-gear...r-jackets.html those, I know they are on an Aussie Site but I think there is a store in NZ- MOTOLAND, which will be able to get them in. I bought an Ixon Crank leather jacket from them for $512 NZD Which included a solid L1 back protector (this is optional but they threw it in for me) and L2 Armour on shoulders and elbows. The Leather is very very nice. the whole jacket is CE approved including the leather and stitching etc.... I have a card from the place (i bought it at the motorcycle show last year) Send this guy an email ( He was the sales person) anthony@motoland.co.nz and see what the store has in stock, the website is trash. But yeah, would highly reccomend the IXON CRANK jacket, its top notch in terms of protection and looks so damn good. I got it in the brown color but black also looks amazing. (they also have a perforated version- Crank Air, if you needed). Alt I did like the revit Gibson jacket, i tried it on at motomail, its really nice but i preferred the Ixon jacket more. Such a good piece of kit. in terms of sizing, im a small 175cm 62kg dude and I fit a size medium. (~38" chest). But yea give them a call, I hear Segura are a fantastic leather jacket company. They also look very very nice.

Shit I just saw that this was the wrong thread ( i have like 5 KB tabs open lmao, anyway I hope its useful...)

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

That's a race suit - you won't find 2mm on road jackets 1-1.4mm and then often different thicknesses through the jacket. My Alpinestars states 1.2-1.4. But then you have those non leather stretch sections, obviously in non impact areas.

Bike
    2010 SUZUKI GSXR-600 K9
    Quote Originally Posted by 50Shades View Post
    Hi all,
    Has anyone had experience with leather products from Trade me seller Curvento?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=942062472

Ordered a jacket from these guys, done custom measurements. It is manufactured in Pakistan with a very average quality. Jacket arrived way too big and is now costing me $350 to get it altered. My advise to you people out there, do not settle for anything less then popular brands from proper shops. You may end up paying double the price, but its worth it. I could have bought Alpinestars Lether Jacket for $995 and this crappy quality one is now costing me $800.

Thread Information