Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm thinking about doing a run of race/workshop stands

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125

I'm thinking about doing a run of race/workshop stands

Figured on doing 3 for myself (if my bikes take up less space I can have more of them), economies of scale and whatnot mean I can do a run of many if anyone else is interested. Single run, so if any bike shops or whatever wanted to grab some stock and onsell its fine with me.

Anyway, idea is for a bit of modularity, bobbins or SSSA pin for the rear, and fork lowers, or bottom of stem for front; multifit etc.

The main difference is the whole lot will sit on castors so they can be moved any which way.

Price I'd think would be around the 300 mark, if there is any interest I'll do a proper priceup/design etc. If not I'll just smash some out for me and laugh at all you plebs with inferior stands.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Figured on doing 3 for myself (if my bikes take up less space I can have more of them), economies of scale and whatnot mean I can do a run of many if anyone else is interested. Single run, so if any bike shops or whatever wanted to grab some stock and onsell its fine with me.

Anyway, idea is for a bit of modularity, bobbins or SSSA pin for the rear, and fork lowers, or bottom of stem for front; multifit etc.

The main difference is the whole lot will sit on castors so they can be moved any which way.

Price I'd think would be around the 300 mark, if there is any interest I'll do a proper priceup/design etc. If not I'll just smash some out for me and laugh at all you plebs with inferior stands.

Build and post the finished product and you may get some buyers. But watch out for the goody 2 shoes people that start complaining about you taking money away from the bike shops that need the income to pay there staff wages hahahaha Yea write. What they really mean is, hey fukers, you are killing my profit margins
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    I seldom feel the need to move a bike once its up on stands and being worked on.
    Interesting idea but I'd never buy anything off you.
    My next mancave will have an electric gantry crane in the roof and topless barmaids serving cold beers

excuse the Suzuki messing up the picture....

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Doncha hate it when some bastard starts making money out of ideas you had ages ago?

I had one modeled for the SDR, was just a matter of finding time to actually make it. That was last xmas. And then I find this: http://www.moovamoto.com/index.php?p...VaV1ZVMUVhejA9

Thieving bastards.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Doncha hate it when some bastard starts making money out of ideas you had ages ago?

I had one modeled for the SDR, was just a matter of finding time to actually make it. That was last xmas. And then I find this: http://www.moovamoto.com/index.php?p...VaV1ZVMUVhejA9

Thieving bastards.
    If I was going to wheel it around I think I'd like a strap or two around the bike and stand. Just in case.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    excuse the Suzuki messing up the picture....
    What Suzuki?

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    That was quick getting them into production and a lower price to boot .
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-942687764.htm
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    If I was going to wheel it around I think I'd like a strap or two around the bike and stand. Just in case.
    A wee closed loop on the spools would do. Although it's probably a wider stance on that stand than the bike's own kickstand, and unlike a bike on a kickstand if it get's nudged it'll just roll away rather than fall over.

Still. Braces and belt is good, eh?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Good for parking it in a corner of the gargre. But not for cleaning wheels, lubing chain etc...

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post

Thieving bastards.
    Yeh, that sort of thing, but on the front too, and use the lever arms to lock em together.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-942687764.htm
    Part of the idea was getting em stood up straight to work on em better, and to be able to much about with wheels/tyres etc.
    Last edited by Hitcher; 8th September 2015 at 17:14. Reason: Quoted embedded image deleted

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    Build and post the finished product and you may get some buyers.
    Not in it to make money, just economies of scale, so there will be one run only.I'm not asking anyone to put in the money up front, just that if there is interest in a run larger than just three, it changes the design/fab process.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Have you got any stuff you have built, to show the quality of the work you do. Haha we may actually know each other even by real names?
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    You would be hard to buy from if you do not reply to people dude. Try this link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s?ref=category

Great idea and simple to make
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Have you got any stuff you have built, to show the quality of the work you do. Haha we may actually know each other even by real names?
    Check out the cylonbros thread; nah don't think so.

You would be hard to buy from if you do not reply to people dude. Try this link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s?ref=category

Great idea and simple to make
    Are you wanting to buy one then? That link doesn't work, but there are actually a couple on KS atm, mine would be kind of similar but more bespoke at this point due to lack of interest.

Thread Information