Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NZ Couriers!!!!!

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

Angry NZ Couriers!!!!!

I have to vent b/c I'm so p#ssed off!

I bought a 2nd hand cell phone via Trade Me. The guy I bought it off was very efficent - gave me the courier bag number, gave me his contact details blah, blah, blah.

The parcel was meant to arrive yesterday - it didn't.

I rang NZ Couriers last night and was told to call back today.

Called back this morning & opened an inquiry.

Someone got back to me and said that if they couldn't sort it out they'd get back to me before 5pm.

At quater to 5 I called & was told only the person that had opened the inquiry could help me & she would call me back. She didn't.

So I called again and the woman said she'd call back - she didn't.

So I called for a third time only to be told that the claims dept had gone home 10 mins ago & noone would beable to tell me how long it would take me to be reimbursed until Monday!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr - arrrrrgggghhhh!

Sorry I just had to vent!! I've been at work all day & been with my cell phone for over a week & a half!

I guess it's my own stoopid fault for goin' swimming with my cell phone in the first place!!
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

I have the contract form for NZ couriers somewhere here,but I'm not going to look for it An A4 page of small print that says they are not responsable for anything once it's in their care.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    I have the contract form for NZ couriers somewhere here,but I'm not going to look for it An A4 page of small print that says they are not responsable for anything once it's in their care.
    That would be right!

Bike
    2020 Honda Rebel 500
    It says on their courier bags they can pay damages of up to $600 or something like that. I'm sure of it.
    /end communication

Bike
    BICYCLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Sea_lily
    I have to vent b/c I'm so p#ssed off!

I bought a 2nd hand cell phone via Trade Me. The guy I bought it off was very efficent - gave me the courier bag number, gave me his contact details blah, blah, blah.

The parcel was meant to arrive yesterday - it didn't.

I rang NZ Couriers last night and was told to call back today.

Called back this morning & opened an inquiry.

Someone got back to me and said that if they couldn't sort it out they'd get back to me before 5pm.

At quater to 5 I called & was told only the person that had opened the inquiry could help me & she would call me back. She didn't.

So I called again and the woman said she'd call back - she didn't.

So I called for a third time only to be told that the claims dept had gone home 10 mins ago & noone would beable to tell me how long it would take me to be reimbursed until Monday!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr - arrrrrgggghhhh!

Sorry I just had to vent!! I've been at work all day & been with my cell phone for over a week & a half!

I guess it's my own stoopid fault for goin' swimming with my cell phone in the first place!!
    LOL NZ couriers have been pssing me off this past 2 weeks for various things.
    they are actually usually very very good and I could never fault them in the past. They now may be really under resourced?
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    getting a speeding ticket is far from my mind as it is unlikely to kill me..

Bike
    Sold

Go to the top!

Hi Lily,

I have been working with NZ Couriers for many years. What is happening to you is very common with any courier company because of the sheer volume of freight they handle every working day.

In this case their written policy is supposed to be to phone you back within 1-2 hours to update you of the ETA (estimated time of arrival). What I do if they don't phone me back is phone up and ask to speak with a supervisor/manager- this usually accelerates the service.

As an account holder I deal directly with my sales rep if I get a slack service. He is a string-puller in time of need.

At the end of the day NZ Couriers do do a good job, but if they lose or damage a parcel will try their hardest to evade any liability.

Zed

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Celtic Sea Lily I have a Cell Phone you can Have. It's one of those Samsung Blue Flip phones - It's Model No is SCH-N171. You'll have to get it connected and everything.

PM to grab it.

Jim2

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    Celtic Sea Lily I have a Cell Phone you can Have. It's one of those Samsung Blue Flip phones - It's Model No is SCH-N171. You'll have to get it connected and everything.

PM to grab it.

Jim2
    Mate! You rock!

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    Hi Lily,

I have been working with NZ Couriers for many years. What is happening to you is very common with any courier company because of the sheer volume of freight they handle every working day.

In this case their written policy is supposed to be to phone you back within 1-2 hours to update you of the ETA (estimated time of arrival). What I do if they don't phone me back is phone up and ask to speak with a supervisor/manager- this usually accelerates the service.

As an account holder I deal directly with my sales rep if I get a slack service. He is a string-puller in time of need.

At the end of the day NZ Couriers do do a good job, but if they lose or damage a parcel will try their hardest to evade any liability.

Zed
    Well exactly! I think what peeved me more than the actual parcel getting lost was the way the woman who was dealing with treated me ie. not returning my calls & using a lame excuse. I work in a Call Centre myself so I know all the "tricks" and I get the feeling she was avoiding me more than anything.

Oh well it looks like JIM2 has solved my problem

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    An A4 page of small print that says they are not responsable for anything once it's in their care.
    That doesn't wash with the Consumer Gaurantees act, though. Just needs to be challenged.
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by What?
    That doesn't wash with the Consumer Gaurantees act, though. Just needs to be challenged.
    The fact that they actually have a Claims Dept is a little disturbing in itself and I assume it does mean I'll get paid out for the phone anyway.

The NZ Couriers van with rego DBO belongs to Dane,he owns a new Triumph Daytona and when he comes in we sometimes talk about bikes - sorry if some of your parcels are late,but some things in life are more important than scedules.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    Hi Lily,

Zed
    2 Chronicles 30:10 The couriers went from town to town in Ephraim and Manasseh, as far as Zebulun, but the people scorned and ridiculed them.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    2 Chronicles 30:10 The couriers went from town to town in Ephraim and Manasseh, as far as Zebulun, but the people scorned and ridiculed them.
    PMPL - do you ever stop.........

Just chase em up....I have never had a drama with Couriers so can't talk from experience tho....but a well placed phone call as Zed said should solve the problem.

Zed - is you pseudonym any reference to Zed in Pulp Fiction?

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by wkid_one
    Zed - is you pseudonym any reference to Zed in Pulp Fiction?
    You mean there's another Zed??

...nup, just relates to my current bike!

BTW- why do you honestly call yourself wkid-one? (besides it being your old plate name)

Zed

Thread Information