Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Re-registering and modifying - Cafe Racer

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Firstly, take no notice of anything that fjrider posts.

Secondly, if its not a structural change to the bike, and it passes a wof then it's legal. The original subject of this thread was reregistration, which is a much tougher check than a wof check
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    GN 250, K100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    What structural chassis bracing would be left between the upper shock mounting points .. ????????

Nothing changed here. As stock bracing between shock mounting points.

Is the rego still in the system ... ??? Yes ... should not be an issue. No ... you will have issues.

Rego on hold, still live.

Get the bike legal first ... if you can.
    Guess the pathway is do my bike mods, see how I get on for warrant. If passes then I have a rider while I work on chair. If not, proceed with chair and get both looked at for certifying.

Bike
    GN 250, K100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Firstly, take no notice of anything that fjrider posts.
    Everything here is opinion unless backed up with a lawyer and certificate of authenticity . Taken as such.

Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Secondly, if its not a structural change to the bike, and it passes a wof then it's legal. The original subject of this thread was reregistration, which is a much tougher check than a wof check
    My understanding is that re-registration pretty much everything will need to be as stock unless you have certification for mods (much more stringent inspection).

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja, Honda CX500
    Really interesting to hear about the process. I do plan on making modifications which will require certification so it's good to get the heads up. The safest option for me is definitely to keep the bike as stock as possible for re-registration. Although I do plan on changing the controls (throttle etc) and new brake line/cables.

Cheers,
    Will.

Bike
    cx500, vfr400r
    did you get it back on the road? Have you thought of looking for a live reg gl/cx frame? thats what I ended up doing.

Thread Information