Thread: SJ50QT fuel pump

Bike
    SV650SK3

SJ50QT fuel pump

Can anyone help I think the fuel pump is the cause of the two stroke oil getting into the casing. However I have no idea what one looks like of where to find it. I am used to bigger bikes (OK and I haven't done my own maintenance for a few years either)

Bike
    All

SJ50QT fuel pump

There is no fuel pump on the SJ50QT. It is gravity fed into the bowl of the carb.

Bike
    Agent Orange
    Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Can anyone help I think the fuel pump is the cause of the two stroke oil getting into the casing. However I have no idea what one looks like of where to find it. I am used to bigger bikes (OK and I haven't done my own maintenance for a few years either)
    I think you'll find it will be the oil pump leaking inside the cases, located behind the variator pulley (no fuel pump in there)
    This ad explains it.... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=948916993.

15 min job to pull of covers, variator and replace pump. If you have an idea of what you're doing.

You will need to bleed the oil pump when fitting it to ensure a constant oil flow once running though, you don't want air in the oil pump or the oil won't feed into the carb properly

Bike
    All
    I have just ordered a new seal for the pump. The link is http://www.mfgsupply.com/501415.html. I couldn't find one in NZ anywhere. They do ship to NZ but it costs about US$10 including shipping. Still cheaper than a second hand pump. Also you dont have to remove the drive case to get at the pump. I did have to unbolt the rear suspension and drop the engine a but tho to get a short screwdriver onto the 2 screws holding the pump in. There is very little room above the pump. I will let you know if it fixes the problem when the seal arrives.

Bike
    All

oil pump

I can finally confirm that after replacing the seal in the oil pump I no longer have a leaking oil pump. I still found a little oil in the drive case but that was left over from when it was leaking originally. After cleaning the oil out a couple of times I no longer have oil seeping out.

Thread Information