Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics on Trade Me

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Lighten up bro.
    You seem a bit negative lately, everything ok?
    In know you like the teutonic styling but there are all ugly.
    i have always been negative on hans Murfins styling.
    Those sunken star wars headlights look gay shite on a BMW, shit on a Katana, Shite on a Impulse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Yo momma

Bike
    husaberg
    I dont think the US got these other than as Private imports did they?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I dont think the US got these other than as Private imports did they?
    Nope not sold new in the states. These are in France.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Nope not sold new in the states. These are in France.
    Okay afaik NZ an Aussie only got very limited numbers for homologation only all years were different i think the last were South African.
    I never seen one in Yank mag i assumed you never got them, As your rules were pretty free and easy and lenient or Production racing mods.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    suzuki
    Okay afaik NZ an Aussie only got very limited numbers for homologation only all years were different i think the last were South African.
    I never seen one in Yank mag i assumed you never got them, As your rules were pretty free and easy and lenient or Production racing mods.
    we only go t the rb they sold in england too

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Mmmmmm CB1100R Many a visit was made to the Honda dealer when they arrived in stock back in the day.

Maybe it's age but there are not many new bikes that get me pressed up against a cold glass shop window at 10pm anymore.

Actually it's probably because they are all so bloody good now. It's like the world is populated with supermodels.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Why would you butcher a classic?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...360657b4fcada0

This thing started life looking like this:
    Attachment 340888
    It was styled by Hans Muth and less than 6500 were made.
    It is a little darling and very collectable.

And the other thing - if this is a "Custom Racer" with a sporty fairing, clips on and rear-sets, why the fuck has he got knobbly tyres on it!!!

And all for only $12,300!!!
    A bargain!!!
    What a pillock.
    I'm with you - he/she has wrecked a very nice bike.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    we only go t the rb they sold in england too
    Really i was going through some aussie write up a while back i thought it said we got all three same as aussie as well but the last was a Saffa import.
    The aussies competition tried to ban the first one for some silly reason (cant remeber what but maybe seat of rear pegs or something but it wasnt in the rules so it didn't work.
    I am far to young to remember myself so i will bow to your knowledge Spyda.

this is an electronic version of what i read
    https://www.oldbikemag.com.au/honda-...chine-mission/
    I have always fancied turning a bolladoor into a RCB rep or a plonking a CBX750 into a CB750 K1 style running gear.
    CBX750's were well under rated cheap fun bikes
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Yo momma
    Really i was going through some aussie write up a while back i thought it said we got all three same as aussie as well but the last was a Saffa import.
    The aussies competition tried to ban the first one for some silly reason (cant remeber what but maybe seat of rear pegs or something but it wasnt in the rules so it didn't work.
    I am far to young to remember myself so i will bow to your knowledge Spyda.

this is an electronic version of what i read
    https://www.oldbikemag.com.au/honda-...chine-mission/
    I have always fancied turning a bolladoor into a RCB rep or a plonking a CBX750 into a CB750 K1 style running gear.
    CBX750's were well under rated cheap fun bikes
    I found this. Sounds about right but just like the liberal media I will post it without first checking for actual accuracy...

Just in case you are interested in a story before the RC30 was even a twinkle and HRC did not exist, the First True Homologation Honda Race Bike available to joe public.
    The Honda CB1100R was an exotic Honda model that was produced in limited numbers from 1981–1983. It was a sport bike based on the Honda CB900F. The R suffix denotes a racing version, however the CB1100R was a road-legal machine produced by Honda and offered for sale to the public. It was produced only in numbers sufficient to meet the homologation requirements for the R to be classed as a production motorcycle in markets into which it was sold. It was Honda’s first ‘homologation special’ and was raced in the production class racing in most major markets: including Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. It was not sold in the US.
    In 1981 the CB1100R won the New Zealand Castrol Six Hour ridden by Australian pair of Malcolm Campbell and Mick Cole. The CB1100R won the premier Australian production race in 1982, the Castrol Six Hour in the hands of future 1987 500cc GP World Champion Wayne Gardner and teammate Wayne Clark. Other CB1100Rs finished the race 2nd, 3rd and 4th, with 6 CB11000Rs finishing in the top 8 spots. The Australasian success of the CB1100R lead directly to the development of the Suzuki GSX1100SXZ Katana homologation racing specials.
    The model designations are CB1100RB (1981), CB1100RC (1982), and CB1100RD (1983). In 1981, 1050 units were sold, followed by 1500 per year in 1982 and 1983. The 1981 ‘RB’ was half faired with a solo seat only. The 82 and 83 models have different bodywork including a full fairing, aluminium fuel tank, and pillion seat covered with a removable seat cowl. The 82 (RC) and 83 (RD) were largely similar in appearance, yet with considerable differences in the full fairing and dashboard layout. None of the faring parts of any of the 3 models are interchangable wih one another! The RC fairing, fairing bracket and dashboard combo was only made for the RC and does not interchange in any way with the RD, which had a slightly shorter overall length. Other differences include the paint scheme, rear swing arm design and color and front fork design. In 1983 the Honda CB1100F was launched that essentially was a blend of the CB1100R and the CB900F, for a broader market. The 1981 CB1100RB had a claimed 115 hp (86 kW) @ 9000 rpm.

4782 RC30’s between 1987-1990, 4050 CB1100R’s between 1981-1983 – who wants one?
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    suzuki
    typical wikipedia, they forgot the RB-1 unfaired version

we only got the RB $9995 new when i'm pretty sure the 900F was $5295, nearlty double for a single seat motorcycle but they sold.
    i brought one in 1987 $3500 never been in the rain, long story, only had it three weeks, regret selling it to this day.
    there were only ever a couple of RC's and RD's in the country,
    ask king still has a brand new one in a crate, although one wonders what state it's in living in new plymouth with a seas salt atmosphere....
    parts were taken off it as spares for the race bike too.
    still love to see it with my own eyes.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I think you'll find back when Jason grew up the rules where he was bore a striking resemblance to ours.
    But with more Lattes available.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Ash King is doing the right thing, Spyda. If it was out of the crate and running, it'd have broken the camchains by now.
    I've been through one - an RB I think - and they're just like any of that generation of Honda 16V fours, flawed at the design stage.

The one I rebuilt went very well and rode nicely I was told. But yes, it broke.

If you really must have one of that generation of big Hondas, buy a cheap 900 and tweak it. Had one of them through here which had the right bits inserted.
    Went like a shower of shit. Owner got shot of it before it broke too...

Bike
    Street Triple R
    plonking a CBX750 into a CB750 K1 style running gear.
    HEATHEN!

actually the way forward would be to graft the tinware and sidecovers from a 750K onto the CBX - lot less hassle I would think and you would get better brakes and suspension and bigger tyres. The wheels would look weird but maybe you could find some hubs that would work or get some made (Dime City?) to use spokes.

Kind of like what this guy has done - its a kit. If I had $17k lying about propping up an uneven table leg or something I would buy a super tidy actual K1 (or two or three F2's) but I do like this a lot.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...b1684b93588997
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I think you'll find back when Jason grew up the rules where he was bore a striking resemblance to ours.
    But with more Lattes available.
    The reason i suggested A while back i posted the Yosh GS1000 modified everything braced frame morris wheels. That's what made me wonder.
    Remember how modified rthose Duc's and Beemer Cook Nelson and the other one used to run.
    One year one guzzi was ruled out due to having sandcast mag cases.

Jason must be in lock down with the USA under a state of emergency i wonder who is invading them or what hurricane is happening?
    I wonder if they offer more cheese with a coffee in the USA yet.
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information