Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics on Trade Me

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    HEATHEN!

actually the way forward would be to graft the tinware and sidecovers from a 750K onto the CBX - lot less hassle I would think and you would get better brakes and suspension and bigger tyres. The wheels would look weird but maybe you could find some hubs that would work or get some made (Dime City?) to use spokes.

Kind of like what this guy has done - its a kit. If I had $17k lying about propping up an uneven table leg or something I would buy a super tidy actual K1 (or two or three F2's) but I do like this a lot.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...b1684b93588997
    Yip.
    Wheels are pretty easy other than the rears if you want disc and spoke.
    it would have to be a 4 piper though.
    The frame on the CBX is real different to the early stuff though plus the single shock
    or maybe not as much as i thought.
    http://topsk.com/honda/picture/CBX750F%20RC17.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda-CBX750-F2G-Frame-Chassis-RC17.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	340965
    The RC17 isa lot more compact engine than the earlier ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Ash King is doing the right thing, Spyda. If it was out of the crate and running, it'd have broken the camchains by now.
    I've been through one - an RB I think - and they're just like any of that generation of Honda 16V fours, flawed at the design stage.

The one I rebuilt went very well and rode nicely I was told. But yes, it broke.

If you really must have one of that generation of big Hondas, buy a cheap 900 and tweak it. Had one of them through here which had the right bits inserted.
    Went like a shower of shit. Owner got shot of it before it broke too...
    I think they gave it a decent camchain adjuster later, still a lot of Chain. Honda were trying a lot of Stuff then. Hardly see a Boladoor now or a CBX750, Must be in cobered in Brown exhaust tape as pis poor looking seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Ash King is doing the right thing, Spyda. If it was out of the crate and running, it'd have broken the camchains by now.
    I've been through one - an RB I think - and they're just like any of that generation of Honda 16V fours, flawed at the design stage.

The one I rebuilt went very well and rode nicely I was told. But yes, it broke.

If you really must have one of that generation of big Hondas, buy a cheap 900 and tweak it. Had one of them through here which had the right bits inserted.
    Went like a shower of shit. Owner got shot of it before it broke too...
    Interesting - what sort of issues do they have - cam chain tensioners/cam chains - camshafts made of chocolate? I was sort of thinking about getting one as they are cheap and back in the day I rode one but never owned one - I had Kawasakis which I considered immeasurably superior......
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...e209e791edcb1c

oooOOOOhhhhh.

$5k isn't too bad I reckon

Bike
    Exercycle
    Interesting - what sort of issues do they have - cam chain tensioners/cam chains - camshafts made of chocolate? I was sort of thinking about getting one as they are cheap and back in the day I rode one but never owned one - I had Kawasakis which I considered immeasurably superior......
    Camchains....They use two. Long one drives the inlet cam, short one between inlet and exhaust cams. OE tensioner for the main one is crap. Vince Sharp and his mate in Auckland do quite a good top pivoted one as a replacement for the OE. Race developed...But the short chain afaik they still use the OE tensioner.

I've seen (in separate engines) both the long and short chains break. Either means bent valves, damaged guides etc...It's still possible to find a good head and simply swap it on. Cheaper doing it that way until the supply runs out.

The brakes on them badly need upgrading too. They have the typical Honda primary chain too - tensioner on that is crap too.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post

Jason must be in lock down with the USA under a state of emergency i wonder who is invading them or what hurricane is happening?
    I wonder if they offer more cheese with a coffee in the USA yet.
    Enjoy your new CGT and all the other taxes that were promised wouldn't happen...
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Enjoy your new CGT and all the other taxes that were promised wouldn't happen...
    Capital gains tax isnt scarcely as it stops property speculation.
    NZ has been a tax haven for years.
    Property speculation hurts ordinary kiwis.
    Regional fuel taxes dont worry me as its about time we stopped paying for Aucklanders being to stupid to take buses and trains.
    Imagine New York if everyone decided to drive and own their own cars.
    We will see how great the US will be if Trump has another term.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Increasing tax of those who get off their arse is not going to improve the lot of those who don't.

CGT won't help those who are renting as there will be less people owning rental property.

I'm just going to have to buy more bikes, art and jewellery as per the report.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Increasing tax of those who get off their arse is not going to improve the lot of those who don't.

CGT won't help those who are renting as there will be less people owning rental property.

Its an interesting argument but falls down on the reality that CGT is only tabled when an asset is sold.
    So its only relevant if the intention of buying a property is to sell it on for a tax free profit.
    Simply put the supply and demand became out of kilter due to outside influences. Overseas investors were the ones driving up the price rather than Kiwis buying rentals.
    The place where its more healthy to see the investment in the housing market is in the building odf houses and thre redevelopment of properties rather than landbanking houses for short term profit.
    One of the reasons NZ has been a great place to live is we are traditionally a country where people own their own house its a great compulsory savings scheme
    The reason so many rent is the price had been driven up so fast and so high by property investors it put ownership out of the grasp of most younger people.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Yo momma
    Capital gains tax isnt scarcely as it stops property speculation.
    NZ has been a tax haven for years.
    Property speculation hurts ordinary kiwis.
    Regional fuel taxes dont worry me as its about time we stopped paying for Aucklanders being to stupid to take buses and trains.
    Imagine New York if everyone decided to drive and own their own cars.
    We will see how great the US will be if Trump has another term.
    You are about the only person in the world who is happy to pay more tax.
    The CGT report isn't solely aiming at houses either.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    You are about the only person in the world who is happy to pay more tax.
    The CGT report isn't solely aiming at houses either.
    Not to mention the Govt keeping tax fair by charging companies like Google and Facebook as whopping 2-3 %.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12204898
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure

Aye, the only thing that will help those who don't get off their arse is that they're paid what they earn, same as everyone else.

And fuck you're slow, I've already dumped my residential investments and blown the fucking lot on new toys.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Not to mention the Govt keeping tax fair by charging companies like Google and Facebook as whopping 2-3 %.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12204898
    You can't expect to be taken seriously with "tax" and "fair" in the same sentence.

Other than that, yes stomping all over centuries old international tax protocols by taxing local sales would hurt NZ exports much, much more than any temporary gains you might make by taxing Amazon for Kindle downloads.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    The reason i suggested A while back i posted the Yosh GS1000 modified everything braced frame morris wheels. That's what made me wonder.
    Remember how modified rthose Duc's and Beemer Cook Nelson and the other one used to run.
    One year one guzzi was ruled out due to having sandcast mag cases.

Jason must be in lock down with the USA under a state of emergency i wonder who is invading them or what hurricane is happening?
    I wonder if they offer more cheese with a coffee in the USA yet.
    Did those guys race in Auckland huh?

Just trying to leave the same but me flights late.
    Heeellpp.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...9967e7820a9441

$15k seems like good buying - and its a good looking bike.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...9967e7820a9441

$15k seems like good buying - and its a good looking bike.
    I know Andy, hes got a Benelli 6 and a Jota as well.
    He raced a SF for a while without much success.

Thread Information