Thread: 1951 Norton Dominator project

Bike
    Niftyfifty

1951 Norton Dominator project

You norton lovers will hate this, I got this 51 norton model 7 dominator twin, its not worth restoring as the engine is gone as with all tin wear apart from oil tank, I have this big 660cc side valve engine that fits nicely but its missing a cople parts but I also have this JAP 600 engine.

I am on the hunt for a JAP UCZ cylinder head if anyone has one??

Also some roadholder fork springs and the internal parts, I have staunchnens and lower legs, and I need a saddle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46369698-EEFE-49CB-BA39-C31596BFA1E7.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	552.2 KB 
ID:	348742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1FED394C-1AE6-4561-BBC1-6E9AF4834F3F.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	804.8 KB 
ID:	348743  

Bike
    So old you won't care
    While I'm personally a fan of things/ideas like this I need to offer some caution

The 2 engines look like stationary/Axillary engines and may disappoint you once running. They are designed to run at a constant speed and a shit load powered Railway 'jiggers'

I'm far from an expert on these things - so maybe I'm wrong

Bike
    Niftyfifty
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    While I'm personally a fan of things/ideas like this I need to offer some caution

The 2 engines look like stationary/Axillary engines and may disappoint you once running. They are designed to run at a constant speed and a shit load powered Railway 'jiggers'

I'm far from an expert on these things - so maybe I'm wrong
    Its cool, I have an 8 HP Tecumseh engine in another bike and power is very good and it still has a governor, friend uses the same JAP 600 in his bike and it will do over 80 MPH, I have a stationary engine cam in my side valve ford v8, it was used for driving a large welder, thing will spin the wheels if you let the clutch out at a fast idol, max power is at 2800rpm it has tall gearing and uses less petrol than most modern 4 cylinder cars

Thread Information