Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northern Odyssey

Bike
    near silent running

2019 no

Got the instructions
    had almost forgotten about it, so busy the last few months.... barely time for any rides

anyway got a route sorted, sort off. A few places will have to sus out on the ride itself.

was planning on using it as part of a longer ride down south, but the iffy weather doesn’t really excite me.

current plan is to break it into 2 parts, stop in Hastings the weather and roads are usually good there and I maybe able to catch up with an old mate if he can get off the couch

the ride as usual looks interesting as it covers things I would have normally passed.

going soouth but not by bike I had planned to but it hasn’t worked out.

just as well I did SATNR last week.

Bike
    near silent running
    Finally completed half of this years event, places I have been past and never really stopped to look

i really have to work out the fuel range, it can be strange to see it drop more than a few bars and no fuel stations nearby

Enjoyed every minute and the weather was beaut.

Looking forward to the rest, will either do it in 2 rides or another big one..... in the next couple of weeks hopefully.

Bike
    near silent running
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Finally completed half of this years event, places I have been past and never really stopped to look

i really have to work out the fuel range, it can be strange to see it drop more than a few bars and no fuel stations nearby

Enjoyed every minute and the weather was beaut.

Looking forward to the rest, will either do it in 2 rides or another big one..... in the next couple of weeks hopefully.

Its not for everyone, Its open to everyone, any age, not necessarily a Ulysses member. A small donation sees directions, questions and a answer sheet emailed to you.
    Time and directions approx. 20 Dec till Anzac/30 April to do the ride - Check actual details with Waikato Ulysses website Northern Odyssey
    its usually one area of the North Island, till it takes off in the South Island(or do they already have one similar) each year.
    Doesn't have to be done in one go (although you can do it in one day-if you want)

A great way of exploring NZ and its history.

Met a fellow biker in Napier on the way round this time, seemed quite interested, so maybe a starter next year. Amazing the people you met on a ride, sheltering from the rain.

Update, 2 more rides, both great days for weather and riding.

So good riding with another rider

Great ride route, destination and questions

Can't wait till next year

Thread Information