Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen running for cover

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    This is no different to bike manufacturers retarding ignition maps to pass noise regs.
    The VW engines and others are very good and very clean. However for a Cat converter to work properly and efficiently it has to be hot. So an extra map is included when under test to burn fuel in the exhaust to get the CAT hot enough to pass emmisions. During driving once engine is hot it doesn't need this so its switched off.
    Cummins IGX engines do the same by injecting diesel into the exhaust to make it hot enough for the emmisons control processes to work.
    The general public is so dumbed down they haven't a hope in hell of understanding this so have been hoodwinked by media and the Elite. VW was just about to go mainstream with Electric car infrastructure in China to tune of 22 Billion dollars, coincidentally the same as their emmisions cheat fine.... make of that what you will.....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Hitler and the chamber of secrets?
    Interestingly, the supplier of uniforms to the Nazi's was none other than Hugo Boss. And they're still going and doing very well by the sound of it. Time heals all wounds, sad but true.

I have no sympathy for VW, I do feel for the 270,00 employees ( just under the population of Christchurch) it will be interesting to see how it unfolds and flows on to other manufacturers as, evidently it already has.

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Nothing in this would put me off buying a VW, but in the USA lawyers will no doubt be looking to start a class action.
    On another forum I'm a member of, some of the American members (who happen to own VW's) report already being contacted by such lawyers.

This stuff isn't just for cars. I recall reading of refrigerators (Samsung?) that detected when electricity efficiency tests were being performed and adjusted themselves accordingly.

(... a quick Google finds this on LG fridges ... http://www.treehugger.com/clean-tech...y-testing.html )
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    . I recall reading of refrigerators (Samsung?) that detected when electricity efficiency tests were being performed and adjusted themselves accordingly.)
    They have a politician gene? Now, that, is fucking clever!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Its all happened before, and by Americans too.

http://jalopnik.com/how-the-epa-won-...-be-1732109485
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    On another forum I'm a member of, some of the American members (who happen to own VW's) report already being contacted by such lawyers.

This stuff isn't just for cars. I recall reading of refrigerators (Samsung?) that detected when electricity efficiency tests were being performed and adjusted themselves accordingly.

(... a quick Google finds this on LG fridges ... http://www.treehugger.com/clean-tech...y-testing.html )
    Message to VW -Once bitten-twice shy.

Exposing other manufacturers flaws is a cheap trick. VW planned, approved and then orchestrated a deception to pass emissions approval to gain sales in the US and, Europe by the sound of it as it unravels. VW sat round the table and planned this, it doesn't just happen like 'whoops!'

Enjoy your VW's, I won't be going near one for a while.

Raises the question, what else have VW tricked us with ( and BMW, Audi etc ) ?

I drive a 10 year old Jap car, it has it's flaws but at least they haven't lied about it while charging extra for their 'premium' product.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    What I can't understand is that for every VW model, there is an equivalent Audi, Skoda & Seat, it's just a degree of luxury thing. How did they not fail the emissions tests? or are they next? And they are not the brands I predict will be getting busted for the same thing shortly, although it's probably inevitable.
    Bob-Audi, Seat, Skoda product --all based on the same mechanical platform.All as I understand it built by VAG group.
    So any vehicles running that specific diesel engine you can be sure has the same cheat program.
    -Incidently its a very clever sub program that is set off by turning the vehicle to emission test mode--which is soposed to only turn of the TC etc
    The way I see it there are FOUR test parameters that could be being cheated.
    1)Emissions
    2)fuel efficiency
    3)crash testing.
    4)performance

we already have proof of cheating in one area. Im betting fuel efficiency is the next one
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Message to VW -Once bitten-twice shy.

Exposing other manufacturers flaws is a cheap trick. VW planned, approved and then orchestrated a deception to pass emissions approval to gain sales in the US and, Europe by the sound of it as it unravels. VW sat round the table and planned this, it doesn't just happen like 'whoops!'

Enjoy your VW's, I won't be going near one for a while.

Raises the question, what else have VW tricked us with ( and BMW, Audi etc ) ?

I drive a 10 year old Jap car, it has it's flaws but at least they haven't lied about it while charging extra for their 'premium' product.
    If that makes you feel good about the mundane task of running a ten year old jap car then you go with it.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Bob-Audi, Seat, Skoda product --all based on the same mechanical platform.All as I understand it built by VAG group.
    So any vehicles running that specific diesel engine you can be sure has the same cheat program.
    -Incidently its a very clever sub program that is set off by turning the vehicle to emission test mode--which is soposed to only turn of the TC etc
    Exactly my point.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    If that makes you feel good about the mundane task of running a ten year old jap car then you go with it.
    OYYY--I LOVE my 12 year old Jappa. --Toyota Brevis.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather take something with a VW diesel engine over something with a GM ignition lock https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_G..._Motors_recall
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    ...I drive a 10 year old Jap car, it has it's flaws but at least they haven't lied about it while charging extra for their 'premium' product.
    They have not admitted to doing so ... but that does NOT say they have not lied about it either ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    A wee bit of background reading... from the Wall Street Journal

These are the guys who first noticed something amiss.

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    A wee bit of background reading... from the Wall Street Journal

These are the guys who first noticed something amiss.
    Nice read, VW might be in damage control mode stage 2

It's just American emissions crap - a lot of manufacturers can't be bothered, and so America doesn't get a wide variety of models as other countries. But you can buy a huge gas guzzling truck to do those important chores easily done with less emissions in a VW TDI.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Thread Information