Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen running for cover

Bike
    R100GSPD
    the emmisions profile of diesels is well known.That vw somehow had diesels in America that were outside these limits must have been a question mark,esp as seeing a lot of other euro diesels are not sold there.Meanwhile you have these 6 or 7 litre diesel "utes" spewing kilo grams of soot from their overfueled engines.Hypocrisy much?

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Diesel cars really are stupid, stinky toys for boring people, & pump out filthy toxic-carcinogenic particulates..

Diesels are best suited for large, steady-running industrial applications.

Ask yourself if you'd want a diesel bike..

VW group sporty car maker Porsche used to claim..
    .. that the exhaust from their petrol car - driving in in Los Angeles - was cleaner than the air entering the engine..

Bike
    motocompo
    v
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.W. View Post
    Diesel cars really are stupid, stinky toys for boring people, & pump out filthy toxic-carcinogenic particulates..

.. that the exhaust from their petrol car - driving in in Los Angeles - was cleaner than the air entering the engine..
    Said the chap that's never driven a common rail turbo diesel ever.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Diesels can be much cleaner than petrol and are less carconigenic. The Nazi's actually tried gassing jews during WWII with diesel truck engines and it just didn't work.
    Diesel is heavily taxed to make it an unatrractive option as its tooe asy to make your own'diesel' fuel with vegetable oil and leftover cooking fat....
    I drove a diesel 2.5L BMW in UK and its engine was amazing and very grunty.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries

Another two weeks coming up for you? Shall I say goodbye now? Bye fucknuckle!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Sure, turbo diesels can offer a short, punchy powerband, but this wears a bit thin..
    ( & the non-linear accelerator response can catch you out too, creeping imperceptably up over the speed limit - if not using cruise-control.)

The issue VW is having - is due to the filthy diesel needing urea solution injection for emission control, ( ammonia/NOx catalyst values)
    & while do-able for steady state industrial use, this is problematic for regular car-type use - frequently driven with a wide variation in power setting applications/exhaust temperature variations..
    so, hence the 'cheat mode' test over-rides VW employed ( & are now busted for doing).

Diesel mills for ordinary car use are a false-economy folly..

Bike
    motocompo
    Sure, turbo diesels can offer a short, punchy powerband, but this wears a bit thin..
    ( & the non-linear accelerator response can catch you out too, creeping imperceptably up over the speed limit - if not using cruise-control.)

You really wouldn't have a fuckin clue would you. The short punchy powerband? What the fuck are you on about? Aincent Japanese two strokes?
    Once again, you have never driven a Golf turbo diesel, you make that perfectly clear by your ignorance on the topic.
    I know I am correct because you could not be more wrong if your life depended on it.
    These things pull like a fuckin train from an absolute standstill right through to the redline & have more torque than a 911 thread.
    Go & test drive one today so you can stop making a fool of yourself & speak from expierence, rather than dragging shit out of your arse.

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    You really wouldn't have a fuckin clue would you. The short punchy powerband? What the fuck are you on about? Aincent Japanese two strokes?
    Once again, you have never driven a Golf turbo diesel, you make that perfectly clear by your ignorance on the topic.
    I know I am correct because you could not be more wrong if your life depended on it.

Now, Renault are working on a 2-stroke diesel to overcome some of these issues, as it happens..

But, I have driven various current Euro-diesels ( inc M-B) & they are, by comparison to decent petrol power, just stinky short-shift shit..

Bike
    a red heap
    Now, Renault are working on a 2-stroke diesel to overcome some of these issues, as it happens..

But, I have driven various current Euro-diesels ( inc M-B) & they are, by comparison to decent petrol power, just stinky short-shift shit..
    I loved you in that Alicia Silverstone movie.

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    I loved you in that Alicia Silverstone movie.
    Batmobile wasn't a diesel..

& does Ferrari sell such a stinker?

Bike
    motocompo

Because you were trying to drive it like a petrol & rev the fuck out of it.

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Because you were trying to drive it like a petrol & rev the fuck out of it.
    Sure, why not, its not a bloody truck, is it? - Ah.. wait on.. yeah, it is.. fairly bloody truck like..

& of course, this is the root cause of the VW diesel emissions cheat problem.. trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear..

Bike
    I'd still buy one. I have an old Merc diesel at the moment. Coming up 400,000ks. Bit asthmatic without the turbo but shits all over any petrol vehicles I've owned economy wise. Something like $40 to Chch from Picton including RUC.

Turbo diesels are the tits!

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    1)Emissions
    2)fuel efficiency
    3)crash testing.
    4)performance

we already have proof of cheating in one area. Im betting fuel efficiency is the next one
    Already doing the fuel really by driving around like a slug, and claimed HP figures have been questionable for years for a lot of brands, particularly shithouse American petrol V8 ones afaik

Don't know about the crash testing though. Most countries seem pretty on the ball with that.

Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I'd rather take something with a VW diesel engine over something with a GM ignition lock https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_G..._Motors_recall
    Fuckin a! Was it Jeep's that can be hacked as well?
    Never mind that though, the armchair environmentalist approach makes money so we can't let people get away with anything in that arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    It's just American emissions crap - a lot of manufacturers can't be bothered, and so America doesn't get a wide variety of models as other countries. But you can buy a huge gas guzzling truck to do those important chores easily done with less emissions in a VW TDI.
    They're pretty quick little things too. Paid a mate out in Aus for driving a Polo (while not being a hair dresser). Took me for a blat and with minor tweaks that little diesel was still lighting up in 3rd.

Bike
    Also, America is pretty concerned about emissions aye so maybe they're right to keep out foreign imports.....

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    These things pull like a fuckin train from an absolute standstill right through to the redline & have more torque than a 911 thread.
    Go & test drive one today so you can stop making a fool of yourself & speak from expierence, rather than dragging shit out of your arse.
    I don't think the poor wee tyke is old enough to drive, well at least not mentally anyway.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Thread Information