Thread: Yamaha Scorpio problems

Bike
    2008, Yamaha Scorpio

Yamaha Scorpio problems

Hey y'all,
    Short story:
    I need a stupidly difficult to get piece for my 2008 Yamaha scorpio. Is there a wrecker or something in the wellington area I can salvage from? Does anyone have an old scorpio lying around they would be willing to strip for me?

Long story:
    I went back to the USA for a visit recently and left my scorpio with an aussie friend to take care of it/get his nz motorcycle license. He grew up on a station and they used a bunch of bikes so I wasn't worried at all about it. However, turns out they didn't use the reserve tanks on his farm bikes and when he ran out of petrol he thought it was something wrong with the electric start and went to his natural default, the kick starter.

He tried to kick start the bike without pushing the foot peg in. He didn't just break the peg, he broke the metal plate that acts as the attachment between the frame and the peg. I took i to some welding and joiner place and they said the metal was to low quality to just weld it back together. Is there a place I can pick one of these pieces up with out having to import a new one from japan? are there in wreckers in/near welly that may have an old bike I can salvage from?

Thanks in advance.

Bike
    A fast one

Bike
    raptor 1000
    shouldnt the clown who broke it be fixing it

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    If nothing in NZ. I always ask victoria motorcycle wreckers in ozy
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Thread Information