Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)

Facebook

A plea for help to all those computer nerds, internet wizards, and just plain smart bastards...

As some of you will know I use Facebook quite a lot; it's the most effective, (read cheapest) way to keep in contact with Kiwi family and
    friends.
    Yesterday, when I logged on, all I got was a blank white screen. The login went as usual; entered email and password, and then just the blank screen. My only thought was, 'have I been blocked for upsetting someone?' (I have been known to be 'brutally honest' with people that piss me off). But surely if this was the case I would have received a message or something.
    I've tried all the usual stuff like restarting, complete shut down, and not starting for several minutes.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    A plea for help to all those computer nerds, internet wizards, and just plain smart bastards...

As some of you will know I use Facebook quite a lot; it's the most effective, (read cheapest) way to keep in contact with Kiwi family and
    friends.
    Yesterday, when I logged on, all I got was a blank white screen. The login went as usual; entered email and password, and then just the blank screen. My only thought was, 'have I been blocked for upsetting someone?' (I have been known to be 'brutally honest' with people that piss me off). But surely if this was the case I would have received a message or something.
    I've tried all the usual stuff like restarting, complete shut down, and not starting for several minutes.
    You are one of MY friends on Facebook ... I just checked .. you page IS visible to ME.

A link to that page

https://www.facebook.com/david.galt....ef=friends.all

Hope it helps.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Thanks FJR, I tried that and still just get the blank page.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    CB1300
    You can try putting a ? On the end of the url you are redirected to.
    E.g https://Facebook.com/home would become http://Facebook.com/home?
    This should not work on its own.
    But, then cut back down to http://Facebook.com? And your page should load as long as your flash version is current.

Other tests:
    Does the problem follow you to another browser. E.g you currently have issue in ie so do you have an issue in Firefox or chrome?

If so. Does the problem follow you to another pc?

Do other users have the same problem on your pc?

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Thanks John, I tried that and still just get the blank page.
    I will make a post on your page, tell me (HERE) if you get the E.mail notification of such.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries

friends.
    Post made on your page. Check your E.mails ... ????????????????

Bike
    Notifications from KB, but not from Facebook.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Have you tried clearing your cookies etc?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Have you tried clearing your cookies etc?
    No, not yet.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    You can try putting a ? On the end of the url you are redirected to.
    E.g https://Facebook.com/home would become http://Facebook.com/home?
    This should not work on its own.
    But, then cut back down to http://Facebook.com? And your page should load as long as your flash version is current.

Other tests:
    Does the problem follow you to another browser. E.g you currently have issue in ie so do you have an issue in Firefox or chrome? I only have Firefox.

If so. Does the problem follow you to another pc? Don't have access to another PC

Do other users have the same problem on your pc? I am the only user on this PC.

Sent via tapatalk.
    Initially I still had access on my smartphone but that too seems to have fallen off.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Notifications from KB, but not from Facebook.
    Contact FACEBOOK then.

Bike
    CB1300
    https://m.facebook.com/help/search/?...ter+logging+in seems to be an internittent issue for some users.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Contact FACEBOOK then.
    surely not.Did myself in a moment of weakness sign up for that shit once but then upon checking my emails a few days later got the fuck outta there.Pretty fussy who i label friends in the real world but to get a whole host of requests from cunts that need to post up every time they feel like taking a shit was a tad disturbing.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    surely not.Did myself in a moment of weakness sign up for that shit once but then upon checking my emails a few days later got the fuck outta there.Pretty fussy who i label friends in the real world but to get a whole host of requests from cunts that need to post up every time they feel like taking a shit was a tad disturbing.
    I weed those ones out pretty quicksmart.

Bike
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The prize goes to Big Dog who provided the link on which there were many suggestions. One was to change my password, (worked for her but didn't for me.) Another said she just waited it out and it came right by itself. Long story short, I tried logging on again yesterday and, lo and behold, I was in.

Thread Information