Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Customs duty on bike gear?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary-Kiwi View Post
    im not looking gorward to my customs assessment on the k8 gsxr1000 cylinder head im importing from usa.
    it cost me $1140nz for mint low km complete delivered,
    so it will probably be $200-250 extra !
    plus I've got to send a race header to the state's and the guy may want the ported head to go with it , bound to be a few bucks freight on that .
    You may be a bit on the light side unless you're lucky. It's not just the GST, it's the GST on the GST, and the MAF fee, and now it seems a Customs clearance fee.

Let's know the final damage?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    XR650R
    so I haven't got the details of the gst/duties, but it cost me $216.90 via online banking , so a $500us part has cost $1349.90 delivered.
    I tried a couple of sites in USA for cheaper freight but they either wanted me to sign up to monthly charges or wouldn't give me any surety of the price they quoted via their online calculater, I did get the freight calculated at purchase decreased about 10% from $245us to $221us
    but its daylight robbery really.
    oh and I got an online estimated delivery charge by nz post- 19kg, .126cu mtr package $436nz to California
    about half what US post charge

Thread Information