Thread: Hyosung GT250r chain adjustment?

Bike
    hyosung gt250r

Hyosung GT250r chain adjustment?

Hello everyone,

Im pretty sure someone has made a thread before asking for this but i just can't find it. Anyway, Im still a newbie and recently i started getting into doing my on maintenance on my bike since taking it to the shop is getting pretty expensive. I heard adjusting the chain is really easy, however, i just can't seem to figure out the proper way to adjust it. I know that i have to loosen the axle nuts and tighten the nuts on the back of the swing arm, but how much? or up to what line do i go up to on the scale thats near the axle nut? How do i know if i did it right? OR how do i know that my wheel is aligned correctly? Please give me some feedback, how do you guys do it or any tips i should do or know about adjusting the chain. I ride 300 miles a week so i have to do this pretty often. Sorry for the long post and i appreciate your guys feedback. I have to start somewhere lol.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hip View Post
    . I have to start somewhere lol.
    yeah. And google would fuken do it.

Get a workshop manual.
    You set chain tension by unslung sag. I'd ignore those index marks on a hyoshit.

Wheel alignment is done with string.

Googley googley. Fuchs ache.

Bike
    hyosung gt250r
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    yeah. And google would fuken do it.

Get a workshop manual.
    You set chain tension by unslung sag. I'd ignore those index marks on a hyoshit.

Wheel alignment is done with string.

Googley googley. Fuchs ache.
    You're so much help. douchebag.

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    That's akzle, blunt, abrupt and about as subtle as a 10lb sledgie to the face.

Don't let him put you off tho, there's some good information in there

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hip View Post
    Hello everyone,

Im pretty sure someone has made a thread before asking for this but i just can't find it. Anyway, Im still a newbie and recently i started getting into doing my on maintenance on my bike since taking it to the shop is getting pretty expensive. I heard adjusting the chain is really easy, however, i just can't seem to figure out the proper way to adjust it. I know that i have to loosen the axle nuts and tighten the nuts on the back of the swing arm, but how much? or up to what line do i go up to on the scale thats near the axle nut? How do i know if i did it right? OR how do i know that my wheel is aligned correctly? Please give me some feedback, how do you guys do it or any tips i should do or know about adjusting the chain. I ride 300 miles a week so i have to do this pretty often. Sorry for the long post and i appreciate your guys feedback. I have to start somewhere lol.

The stamped lines on the swing arm are fine to keep the wheel in alignment for a road rider buddy. Have the chain slack enough, so that you can put your hand on the under side of it, and have it JUST touching the under side of the swing arm. Does that makes sense to you mate? This site is full of piss takers who type shit all the time for there own fun, apart from that, it is not a bad place. PM Me if you do not understand this.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Thread Information