Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine oil

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    I just switched from that castrol oil to some BO oil full synthetic off trademe/motoxparts? store --- $64 for 4 litres, full synthetic, the DRZ has never felt so smooth changing gears / revving to redline its quite amazing the difference that BO oil has made and it's so CHEAP

(this stuff http://www.motoxparts.co.nz/p/4-stro...s-bo-motor-oil )

I would run a full synthetic but Yamaha insists on a semi synthetic in the WR but I'm sure anything would be fine in the XT660Z Tenere, so just the one oil is keeping things simple. My Beta 2t gets ATF in the gearbox and that's said to be fine (works for me)
    Years ago I ran a shell motorcycle semi synthetic oil , it was so good I had to turn down the idle a tad. It was removed from the market for reasons I don't know
    flashg

Bike
    2008 Suzuki M50
    I use Everyday Full Synthetic 10W-40 Full Synthetic in both my bikes without issue. I thought I had an issue after the last service, so went out and brought some Mobil Extra 4t 10w-40. Then I went over the bike only to find I had poorly adjusted the clutch causing the slip. So the next change will be the mobil, and then pack to penrite, unless I find the mobil superior vs price.

Thread Information