Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom moulded ear plug recommendations?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Love them, when they break I will ride down and get another set done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Been using Plugz 4 Lugz since 2008 ish. I have narrow ear canals so not even the A* silicon ones worked for me. On my 3rd and 4th pair (one pair is backup, as I never ride without plugs).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Great ear plugs, super comfy. Keep your ears wax free and they'll never come out on the motorway like I've had happen with foam ones.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Love my Plugz 4 Lugz, 3 years on I haven't had any issues to complain about other than when I switch jackets and forget to transfer them. Seriously considering getting a second pair at the upcoming Bike Festival (Auckland, September) and getting them with the integrated headphones.

Bike
    2012 VFR800
    I have custom molded silicon ear plugs. I use them for gun shooting also.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Currently using RADIANS ( Blue) I got on EBay from U.S.A. Cheap and are good enough to dull the " Why have you got Smurf shit in your ears?" ribbing. mind I suffer from tinnitus and most shit goes over my head anyway.

The rating is 26 decibel reduction. Before they set I put an arrow and a L and an R in the moulds which has been handy. Also have fitted a plastic box to the bars to keep them clean and handy as thing in pockets tend to get lost.

Never mind the cost, your hearing is precious.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radians-CEP0...wAAOSw~gRVzMNB
    Last edited by granstar; 16th August 2017 at 19:27. Reason: spalling miztakes
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Sold
    Sue made me 2 pairs earlier this year and they're fantastic. Use one set for sleeping and they're perfectly comfortable. Looking forward to trying them out on the world's longest commercial non-stop flight at the end of the month.

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    Might get me a new helmet.

Are there any that keep the wind noise out so I don't have to bother with earplugs on long runs?
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    get these, have tested at 250+kph and loud stuff --- https://nzsafetyblackwoods.co.nz/en/...gs-corded-6405

they are the best, as cheap to replace, soft-scrunched cone shape so they don't hurt after a while like a lot of the other 3M type christmas tree shaped ones, they are also small, so the helmet doesnt push them out of position when putting it on

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    I had a set made by Plugz 4 Lugz at the bike show this last weekend. $80 well spent I reckon and the few times I've used them thus far they seem to fit well.

Bike
    Guzzi's , Gilera Saturno
    Quote Originally Posted by rok-the-boat View Post
    Might get me a new helmet.

Are there any that keep the wind noise out so I don't have to bother with earplugs on long runs?
    You really have to test any helmet yourself, I learnt the hard way buying a shuberth C3 pro for a gazillion dollars as my hearing is terrible and I wanted the quietest helmet available (according to all the reviews)

should have tried a to get a road test first because it turned out my $300 scorpion is quieter, all comes down to head shape.

I can't ride without earplugs and a neck roll (which helps a lot). I Rode a mate ducati with termis and had a headache for haf a day after about a 30 minute ride. all I can say is Tinnitus absolutly suck and prevention is the best cure
    (I can't handle pubs and cafes anymore as i end up trying to lip read and miss out half the conversations and I'm not that old)

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    I saw today on motozone.co.nz the got the R&G DIY custom ear plugs. Anyone tried them? I was also looking at the Pinlock ear plugs too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Thread Information