Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Iam nz

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Now thats good to hear. I could never understand how little some seemed to know. It surprises me that you could just go get your I endorsement then get into it. I would have thought a Advanced test pass would have been a basic requirement.

I wont be bothering with I as all I wanted it for was helping guide some new riders. I dont have the spare 5k or so for doing a bit of voluntary work.
    mate, you sound like the best trained rider in NZ! But then again you've said in a previous post that your fat arse has landed on someones bonnet.

Maybe i'm old school, but I learnt to ride on my uncles farm, never did any courses, crashed once in 27 years ( oil on the road ) yet have lived to tell the tale.

Each to their own I guess, but you and your courses are sounding like Ed and his religion!

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Well to be fair those that want to be better riders will find a way to do so. I have sat on the edge of IAM for sometime and would like to do some proper work on it one day when time allows. I did by chance end up getting a basic evaluation ride with an observer and have taken what he has said on board.

As the saying goes, "Experience is a cruel teacher, you get the test before the lesson" . Track days like the ART days give you an environment to try different lines without trees, power poles and opposing traffic.
    If that's you in your avatar, why do you lean the bike under your own CoG so much? It's a bad habit to get into is it not?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    mate, you sound like the best trained rider in NZ! But then again you've said in a previous post that your fat arse has landed on someones bonnet.

Maybe i'm old school, but I learnt to ride on my uncles farm, never did any courses, crashed once in 27 years ( oil on the road ) yet have lived to tell the tale.

Each to their own I guess, but you and your courses are sounding like Ed and his religion!
    Nope, not the best trained by any means. And Im smart enough to know I need more training.

If you crashed on oil then maybe you need to work on your observation skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    If that's you in your avatar, why do you lean the bike under your own CoG so much? It's a bad habit to get into is it not?
    It was on the warm down lap. I liked the pic because its a bit of a different perspective from a mates gopoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    It was on the warm down lap. I liked the pic because its a bit of a different perspective from a mates gopoo.
    that's unique, but I hear Honda riders do it like that in Auckland

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    That'd be what makes it a bad habit, init.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Nope, not the best trained by any means. And Im smart enough to know I need more training.
    More learning needed ... not more training.

People crash by hitting cars ... does their observational skills need work too .. ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s

Oil is hard to see at night going round a corner with zero extra road lights.

As for you being smart enough!!!, that's worthy of a new thread

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    As for you being smart enough!!!, that's worthy of a new thread
    Get in line cunt, apparently he's the guy with the most mod'd VTR in NZ, and 3rd most mod'd one in Australasia; which sounds most thread-worthy.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Get in line cunt, apparently he's the guy with the most mod'd VTR in NZ, and 3rd most mod'd one in Australasia; which sounds most thread-worthy.
    But it's not a VTR, nor a FireStorm... wait for it... it's a Hawk ( soon to be powered with a Shorai ) with a special seat that allows for a wide ( fucking fat ) load . I guess we'd all need extra training to ride something as AWESOME as that!

Bike
    TF125
    I know I'm not worthy.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ..As for you being smart enough!!!, that's worthy of a new thread
    Start a Poll to that effect .. I dare ya ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    But it's not a VTR, nor a FireStorm... wait for it... it's a Hawk ( soon to be powered with a Shorai ) with a special seat that allows for a wide ( fucking fat ) load . I guess we'd all need extra training to ride something as AWESOME as that!
    Until it proves itself worthy of the Hawk (GT) name, it's a VTR or Firestorm; none of this riding coat-tails stuck-up credit-card modder bullshit.

Iam not amused at transgressions of the mod-god

Bike
    Kawasaki
    I'll probably have a look at IAM for some further training in the future, more skills/advice/training won't hurt. I'm all for upskilling.

I don't think that it's all black and white when it comes to road vs track though. Having done a few courses and training already elsewhere while I was waitng to sit my motorcycle licences up to full, I'm not convinced that the 'Road Craft' instructors/testers were all that 'clued up' or experienced as much as they should be.

The trainer for my ACC Ride Forever Bronze course was average at best, and turned up on a cruiser to train 4 sports bike riders in the rain (after knowing beforehand the bikes we had, and the weather forecast), and ended up cutting short the open road component because he couldn't keep up in the rain (and was taking the wrong lines).

My CBTA 1 training and test almost ended prematurely, because the trainer/tester almost washed out the front wheel of their bike following me during the testing phase, due to them taking the wrong line around a corner over tar bleed in the rain in a 50km speed zone (I was riding to the speed limit for the test obviously).

My ACC Ride Forever Silver course however, was totally different, the instructor has and does race at the track, and I wouldn't rule out any UK poice rider training as well considering that is where they were from. It was a MASSIVE difference in rider skill displayed, and the riding lessons provided. It was on and off rain during the day, but that didn't make it harder, it just meant we were able to learn more from someone who had experience and skill. We were shown the perfect blend of safe and fast, just right for the open public roads.

I felt safer, and more comfortable with the track experienced trainer/instructor than the 'Road Craft' ones, in my experience, and I went back to him to sit my CBTA2 of course, got to be carefull of who you ride with...

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post

People crash by hitting cars ... does their observational skills need work too .. ???
    Running wide during cornering has little to do with observation

Hawk! it's a Hawk.

Thread Information