Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Iam nz

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarillo View Post
    Well this thread has been a journey. For those with an interest in roadcraft, IAM UK has rebranded and published a new simpler book directed at us riders. You should be able to see it online here. http://issuu.com/iam_roadsmart/docs/...ok_v16_combine

Issuu is free to join and they don't hassle you. There's lots of bike mags there too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sweet, thanks for that.

I have started my observed rides now. I must be bad, I get 2 observers to cope.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 1050se
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Sweet, thanks for that.

Sweet, good luck. Just had phil down here from up your way (he is chief examiner) and passed my observer test. Phew.

Stuff everything...I've always got my bike.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarillo View Post
    Sweet, good luck. Just had phil down here from up your way (he is chief examiner) and passed my observer test. Phew.

Yeah I know Philip, good sort.

Ive got some habits to break. Wouldnt mind getting to observer one day but need to make it to full member first.

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Sweet, thanks for that.

Does anyone know how to separate that booklet from the message, so that I can print it off?
    I have several students who would benefit from it..
    TIA

Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post
    Does anyone know how to separate that booklet from the message, so that I can print it off?
    I have several students who would benefit from it..
    TIA
    You can't - "The publisher chose not to allow downloads for this publication"

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    You can't - "The publisher chose not to allow downloads for this publication"
    Bollox.......
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Sweet, thanks for that.

Well passed my Full test today.

My Observer can start therapy now.

Does that mean the learning stops? Not at all. It means i have meet a minimum standard. The learning keeps going until I stop riding.

Those that are interested in Advanced riding should give an assessment ride a go. Riding becomes a lot calmer and controlled. And that means more fun.

And you meet some good bastards along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Congratulations.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Riding becomes a lot calmer and controlled. And that means more fun..
    When I read this I chortled. Some on here think fun must involve significant risk taking.

Road Craft promotes progressive riding. Making good use of opportunities. Without increasing risk.

One of the key issues with the IAM process is knowing what risk looks like. Understanding risk. Only then can you mitigate risk.

Some amongst us on KB are all about how shit hot they are, taking risks through marginal riding habits, often without even realising the risk taken.

For many, the end (not binning) justifies the means. Road Craft is about understanding risk and managing it.

And riding progressively and positively with reduced risk is the most fun.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Riding becomes a lot calmer and controlled. And that means more fun..
    When I read this I chortled. Some on here think fun must involve significant risk taking.

Road Craft promotes progressive riding. Making good use of opportunities. Without increasing risk.

One of the key issues with the IAM process is knowing what risk looks like. Understanding risk. Only then can you mitigate risk.

Some amongst us on KB are all about how shit hot they are, taking risks through marginal riding habits, often without even realising the risk taken.

For many, the end (not binning) justifies the means. Road Craft is about understanding risk and managing it.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

Road Craft is about understanding risk and managing it.

Absolutely Pete! I joined in 2011 and it it completely refreshed my riding enjoyment. For the first time, I had something to objectively measure my own performance and also importantly, those drivers and riders around me. That doesn't sound much in print but the impact has been massive.

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    I don't get how there is an argument about rider training being anything other than a great resource for experienced as well as novice riders.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    A story... let's imagine that riding a bike is a jigsaw puzzle of many pieces - I won't say how many pieces as I hope "why" will be evident.

The more pieces of the puzzle you have the better - understanding of road rules, understanding of the physics of riding, understanding of the environment, understanding of roadcraft, understanding of self, understanding of how your bikes reacts and so on.

More of those pieces that you have at your fingertips the better the puzzle will look. If you have only 1 or 2 pieces and they are both "blue" you are guessing as to whether they are sky or water. A few more pieces and you get a much better picture of what is happening...

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    A story... let's imagine that riding a bike is a jigsaw puzzle of many pieces - I won't say how many pieces as I hope "why" will be evident.

The more pieces of the puzzle you have the better - understanding of road rules, understanding of the physics of riding, understanding of the environment, understanding of roadcraft, understanding of self, understanding of how your bikes reacts and so on.

More of those pieces that you have at your fingertips the better the puzzle will look. If you have only 1 or 2 pieces and they are both "blue" you are guessing as to whether they are sky or water. A few more pieces and you get a much better picture of what is happening...
    It has been my experience with Jig Saw puzzles that the sky and the sea are different colours making differentiating between the two very easy.

It wasn't until I had finished that my questioning as to why the boat was upside down, became clear..
    '' i'd let you touch me.''

Sorry fulla but I am spoken for.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by trufflebutter View Post
    It has been my experience with Jig Saw puzzles that the sky and the sea are different colours making differentiating between the two very easy.

It wasn't until I had finished that my questioning as to why the boat was upside down, became clear..
    Damn, so they made a puzzle of that photo of me capsizing the boat?

Thread Information