Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Best radar detector for bikes?

Bike
    Custom Nifty-Fiity. SR71
    I've had an rx65 which was adequate in most instances. Recently went with a uniden r3. Can't be assed spending the extra for the GPS version. Shouldn't be worried about cameras on a bike anyway. The range on the R series unidens blows away pretty much all the others for ka detection. I've picked up continuous sources from over 3km away, over hills and round bends. As others point out, instant on can still catch you out but if you're intelligent about where you're speeding you shouldn't have a problem. I know people rave about the Tpx but it's no better than an rx65 in most tests despite being nearly twice the price. Got my r3 on ebay for less than $500 delivered. Just run earphones unless you want to fuck around with wireless and Bluetooth dongles etc

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    i just slammed my cock in the car door. Im going to complain to holden, as they didnt put a sign on the door advising me to either wear pants, or avoid slamming it on my penis.
    Fucksake. Hang yourself.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Damantis View Post
    I've had an rx65 which was adequate in most instances. Recently went with a uniden r3. Can't be assed spending the extra for the GPS version. Shouldn't be worried about cameras on a bike anyway. The range on the R series unidens blows away pretty much all the others for ka detection. I've picked up continuous sources from over 3km away, over hills and round bends. As others point out, instant on can still catch you out but if you're intelligent about where you're speeding you shouldn't have a problem. I know people rave about the Tpx but it's no better than an rx65 in most tests despite being nearly twice the price. Got my r3 on ebay for less than $500 delivered. Just run earphones unless you want to fuck around with wireless and Bluetooth dongles etc

I still run an RX65, can the K band be turned off like the RX65 , and is the earphone socket the same to. Cheers

Bike
    Custom Nifty-Fiity. SR71
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    I still run an RX65, can the K band be turned off like the RX65 , and is the earphone socket the same to. Cheers
    Yes. On the unidens you can turn off k band and the ka band is segmented so you can narrow that sweep to the range in which the stalker units used here operate, eliminating almost all falsing

Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    i just slammed my cock in the car door. Im going to complain to holden, as they didnt put a sign on the door advising me to either wear pants, or avoid slamming it on my penis.
    Fucksake. Hang yourself.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by Damantis View Post
    Just run earphones unless you want to fuck around with wireless and Bluetooth dongles etc
    Same I got a small speaker from Dick Smith and converted an old curly cord from a cell phone charger couple of plugs solder on and only one connection everytime.
    Works great
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    I'm surprised blinder laser jammers haven't come up in this thread. Anyone's "friend" used them?
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be quoted out of context, then used against you.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by bert_is_evil View Post
    I'm surprised blinder laser jammers haven't come up in this thread. Anyone's "friend" used them?
    Yep, a "friend" has both bike and fast car equipped as you suggested. He gets his licence back towards end of year... nuff said?

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    Aahh, good to know!
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be quoted out of context, then used against you.

Thread Information