Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stolen Rego and WOF

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Fuck sake..why all the shit being thrown back at the OP??

...I had TWO rego/wof holders TORN off my old guzzi while parked at work...and the security cameras showed one of the bastards doing it! (Fucker ruined my rear guard in the process of tearing it off!)

Fuck knows WHY they want to steal someones rego/wof??...but it DOES happen!

...Did OP have a flash rego/wof holder? (I was using those flash tube holders...so Im thinking thats what they really wanted...the bastards!)

ps...If I see a non biker looking person is even TOUCHING a parked motorbike...I challenge them then & there to ensure its actually there ride they are fucking with, JUST because of shit like this!...as we all should!

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    It's the commuter bike so the rego and WOF were in two $5 plastic holders bolted onto the plate holder, not a flash tube one...

Bike
    2015 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Second time in two years, some misbegotten offspring of putrefaction incarnate unbolted my reg/WOF from my bike while parked, presumably so he or she or it can mimic a lawfully paid-up citizen. To add insult to injury however, some council jobsworth has decided to ticket me for not displaying said registration and warrant.

I trust that the person who stole the legal documentation (they must have had at least a crescent wrench to do so) while my bike was parked at work, suffers from buboes and chancres in the most unpleasant locations and remains unresponsive to otherwise appropriate antibiotics. Good luck with the pus collections. (Actually, bad luck with the pus collections especially since you bent the attachment bracket, removing them in presumably, a hurry before you were spotted by law-abiding citizens, and a procession armed with pitchforks and torches led you to your fate; tar & feathers at the very least).

As for the council's meter maid (or whatever politically correct designation is allowed these days); thanks for nothing. At least if The Law had decided to ticket me they could have first checked with The Central Computer and found that I had both a valid Registration and Warrant Of Fitness. What you have now done is to make sure I can waste at least a couple of hours of my time trying to convince the local council that actually I am legally entitled to ride on the road.

Local government. Basically, an extortion racket...
    Gotta make a police report.

Firstly, a crime number will get you off the bad books with the council for the ticket.
    Secondly, you have to work on the basis that they have faked a number plate and there is a clone bike riding around.

Happily though, any camera van/tolls/parking tickets can now be appealed with the "must be the guys that cloned my bike" excuse!

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Good suggestion re the crime number, thanks Jonny!

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    A displayed rego and warrant stops the casual looks from the popo and could be displayed in a car so as to make it appear legal when cruising down the road, i don't know anyone that can read the rego number off a moving car registration ticket but you can see if it is out of date, used to be quite common in the old days for warrants to be nicked off bikes hence putting it somewhere they can't be got at, ie under seat or inside hard luggage. never got out of that habit and never been ticketed for it or had any objection from the police when i have been pulled up as i have normally been able to show it.

Bike
    2009 KTM990
    A quick rego number check on the police computer data base via Tablet or in car computer combined with the few auto rego plate scanners on some police car now may throw a spanner in the works for this old school dodge perhaps.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Yeah it's ye olde dilemma; put the reg and WOF where they can't be seen to be nicked, or put them on display to foil the council tax collectors. The time-and-hassle with getting the reg and WOF stickers replaced (not to mention paying for the privilege) incentivized me to hide them under the seat.

Bike
    Big money wasters
    What town or city was this in? Write in to the council and tell them what happened the Police report will help. You might be surprised . Try the double sided tape You can get from the agents ,it's pretty hard to get it of in a hurry .You can get a reprint and replacement WOF for less than $20.
    When Ya catch the Culprit just cut His balls off and He will learn not to do it again.

Thread Information