Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2016

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    And from left field...

It was reported overnight that Casey Stoner has signed with Ducati as test rider.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    And from left field...

It was reported overnight that Casey Stoner has signed with Ducati as test rider.

His contract with Honda does not finish untill the end of December pritch, so that is just another rumour
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    2007 GSXR750

casey Stoner

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Harris View Post
    His contract with Honda does not finish untill the end of December pritch, so that is just another rumour
    It is apparently being officially announced in January. He'll be doing some wildcard rides as well like Pirro did this year. The story is he wasn't impressed HRC totally ignored all the advice he gave them about the 2015 motor being too aggressive.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Do we really think he'll come back at 30 yrs old after breaking bits in Japan ?
    Maybe if he's wanting more income, or still searching for the respect journos are saying he wanted?

Nah can't see it. (but it won't die ?)

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Maybe if he's wanting more income, or still searching for the respect journos are saying he wanted?

Nah can't see it. (but it won't die ?)

He "WILL NOT" CS would not come back unless he believed he could win still, and I seriously doubt he believes in himself that much any more after this amount of time at that level.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Harris View Post
    Well the rumour was repeated and both comments I saw were from normally reliable sources. The end of December isn't far off - soon be Christmas.

There was also some speculation, it wouldn't even rate as a rumour. The Aprilia seamless gearbox is 1N23456 whereas Honda and Yamaha are N123456.
    From this piece of information it was extrapolated that Aprilia could be first to put a seamless gearbox in a road bike.

There were also comments from Pedrosa and others that the control electrionics are nowhere near as slick as what was in use this season. Barring major improvement, rider input will be a bigger factor next season.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    , rider input will be a bigger factor next season.

Rock on Rossi
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    These has-been racers aren't known for their realism about such things.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    There was also some speculation, it wouldn't even rate as a rumour. The Aprilia seamless gearbox is 1N23456 whereas Honda and Yamaha are N123456.
    From this piece of information it was extrapolated that Aprilia could be first to put a seamless gearbox in a road bike.
    But not in America, the lawyers would be lining up for the first hint of the gearbox being remotely associated with a crash.

There were also comments from Pedrosa and others that the control electrionics are nowhere near as slick as what was in use this season. Barring major improvement, rider input will be a bigger factor next season.
    No surprise there. More rider input is a good thing.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post

No surprise there. More rider input is a good thing.
    Most of us would agree with that. It can be easy to read things that are not actually there, but one quote was that the less effective electronics would mean, "less metronomic laps". That quote doesn't mention anyone in particular, but the rider most frequently described at turning out metronomic laps hasn't been mentioned in reports from testing that I've seen so far. Then again, neither has his team mate.

Is there a limit on the amount of "wild cards" that a test rider can enter? There are strict limits on the amount of testing contracted racers can do, so equally there must be a limit on the amount of racing a tester can do. Otherwise there'd be nothing to stop a "test rider" entering 18 GPs while doing unlimited testing.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Most of us would agree with that. It can be easy to read things that are not actually there, but one quote was that the less effective electronics would mean, "less metronomic laps". That quote doesn't mention anyone in particular, but the rider most frequently described at turning out metronomic laps hasn't been mentioned in reports from testing that I've seen so far. Then again, neither has his team mate.

Is there a limit on the amount of "wild cards" that a test rider can enter? There are strict limits on the amount of testing contracted racers can do, so equally there must be a limit on the amount of racing a tester can do. Otherwise there'd be nothing to stop a "test rider" entering 18 GPs while doing unlimited testing.
    Tito might give him a run for his money on the metronomic laps. 74 laps completed in testing on a new bike with a rooted hand. This guy has soul (clearly not ginger).

Casey Retired too early, I was never a great fan of him but the dude could ride a bike bloody well. Lets hope he returns on form in his wildcards.

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I saw that! I wish the young fella all the best. Be willing to bet he won't get a podium again in 2016 though. Good on him for his one this year mind you.
    I'll take that action. Same as last time 2doz?

Reckon he's in with a chance given the uncertainty with electronics and tires.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post
    I'll take that action. Same as last time 2doz?

Reckon he's in with a chance given the uncertainty with electronics and tires.
    Done deal.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Anyone fancy a wager on Marquez taking DNFing at least 3 times from losing the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    A single, common set of electronics will cut the factories advantage so satellite teams should have a much better chance of getting on the podium so Smith is a good bet.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Thread Information