Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha WRF450. Do it.

Bike
    wr450f
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    You are clearly a man of distinction and fine taste, but 4k is more in the territory of a non road registered WR to be honest.

The closest I can find is this wee beastie on trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-982766720.htm but they aren't worth that much.
    I bought my registered 2004 WR450 for 3k back in August, with lots of spares

Questions regarding your Clarke tank: Where did you get it from, how much was it, how many litres does it hold, and are you happy with build quality/fit & finish? I'm looking at getting a bigger tank, 140km range just isnt enough!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    which brings me back to point Z. - use premium fuel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    And the right plugs. And condoms.
    never really believed in em. which i suppose is why my bike runs rough and i have kids.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Askor View Post
    I bought my registered 2004 WR450 for 3k back in August, with lots of spares

Questions regarding your Clarke tank: Where did you get it from, how much was it, how many litres does it hold, and are you happy with build quality/fit & finish? I'm looking at getting a bigger tank, 140km range just isnt enough!!
    Score! Yep the steel frame ones are cheaper fo sho. And the 426's can be had for 1.5-4k, sometimes with SFA k's (how many kms did yours have on it out of interest when you got it mate? 3000?)

The tank came with the bike. Does the trick. Is well enough made that you can pull it on and off without struggling to line up any boltholes which is always a bonus =)

Bike
    wr450f
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Score! Yep the steel frame ones are cheaper fo sho. And the 426's can be had for 1.5-4k, sometimes with SFA k's (how many kms did yours have on it out of interest when you got it mate? 3000?)

The tank came with the bike. Does the trick. Is well enough made that you can pull it on and off without struggling to line up any boltholes which is always a bonus =)
    Score all right! From memory it had around 2k. I've put maybe 4-5k on it since then, still running like a train. Absolute favourite of all the bikes I've owned, I ride it as much as I can. The new owner of your bike will not regret their purchase.

Speaking of, I might go ride mine now
    which brings me back to point Z. - use premium fuel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    And the right plugs. And condoms.
    never really believed in em. which i suppose is why my bike runs rough and i have kids.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Askor View Post
    Score all right! From memory it had around 2k. I've put maybe 4-5k on it since then, still running like a train. Absolute favourite of all the bikes I've owned, I ride it as much as I can. The new owner of your bike will not regret their purchase.

Speaking of, I might go ride mine now
    Good man! Yeah I love this bike. It scares the absolute shit out of me but at the same time is completely manageable when you want it to be.

Probably should mention anything I swap for needs to have pillion abilities too. That is one thing a WR will never be good for

Bike
    Still have this, still not riding it enough to justify it but enough to still love it. Fuckin trap.

Located in Queenstown now with tubliss front and a clean sheet WOF last week being the latest updates.

Thread Information