Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Speeding tickets and 3 at once

Bike
    Street tracker
    I got caught doing over 100km/h on SH1 northbound near Meremere. Cop who stopped was very nice about the whole thing (but wouldn't let me off ), but did say that had I been passing a car when he saw me, he wouldn't have been able to tell if it was me or the car that was speeding.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by gjm View Post
    I got caught doing over 100km/h on SH1 northbound near Meremere. Cop who stopped was very nice about the whole thing (but wouldn't let me off ), but did say that had I been passing a car when he saw me, he wouldn't have been able to tell if it was me or the car that was speeding.
    You are writing in on that one aye?
    You'll get off it by his own admission.
    As for the OP.
    115 indicated you're gorn for all time, stop complaining and pay the fine.You made it easy for him, one of you was doing that speed, none of you said " no I wasn't" end of story.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Street tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    You are writing in on that one aye?
    You'll get off it by his own admission.
    Way too late. Besides, I was the only vehicle I'd seen in several minutes. He probably only stopped me because he was bored.

Bike
    Between bikes
    So, you'd either be doing the speed he got on radar, or you'd be going faster....
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    So, you'd either be doing the speed he got on radar, or you'd be going faster....
    Do you report yourself to popo and ask for a ticket whenever you exceed the speed limit?

Bike
    Street tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    I may (or may not) have been travelling at a speed way in excess of the figure quoted on the ticket.

I was speeding. I was caught and accepted the ticket gracefully. Disappointing, but don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine...

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Do you report yourself to popo and ask for a ticket whenever you exceed the speed limit?
    I don't think you quite got what I was saying.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    2015 KLR650
    I am just about to apply for citizenship and the "cut off" is 70 demerits, I'm sitting on 50 and got a ticket a few months back, mufti tracked me 65 in a 50 zone. Decided to take it to court because it would take me over 70.... Bobby didn't turn up, got off Scott free

Bike
    Street tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDNZ View Post
    I am just about to apply for citizenship and the "cut off" is 70 demerits...
    I had no idea motoring demerits could affect a citizenship application! Given the state of driving, it probably explains why there are so many permanent residents...

Let me know how your app goes? We're looking to do the same in a year or two.

Bike
    2015 KLR650
    I had no idea motoring demerits could affect a citizenship application! Given the state of driving, it probably explains why there are so many permanent residents...

Let me know how your app goes? We're looking to do the same in a year or two.

Will do!.. Looks like it might have moved up to 100 points "you won’t get citizenship if you’ve had more than 100 demerit points in the last 2 years"

http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.ns...4?OpenDocument

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    I am just about to apply for citizenship and the "cut off" is 70 demerits, I'm sitting on 50 and got a ticket a few months back, mufti tracked me 65 in a 50 zone. Decided to take it to court because it would take me over 70.... Bobby didn't turn up, got off Scott free
    And you are pleased with this then? Oh aren't you lucky, getting away 'scot free!'
    Did you think at the time, I could kill someone here.....AND all of the times you have amassed demerits...
    WTF, do you think New Zealand is a training circuit for recent imports to practise their driving so called skills?

Bike
    2015 KLR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Waihou Thumper View Post
    And you are pleased with this then?
    Hell Yeah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waihou Thumper View Post
    Did you think at the time, I could kill someone here.....AND all of the times you have amassed demerits...
    WTF, do you think New Zealand is a training circuit for recent imports to practise their driving so called skills?

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    Hell Yeah!!

Unbelievable attitude Newbie.!
    Sums you up quite nicely...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... but did say that had I been passing a car when he saw me, he wouldn't have been able to tell if it was me or the car that was speeding.
    You were the faster vehicle he got the speed locked on ... as you were seen overtaking another vehicle.

What is there left to dispute (or doubt) ...???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    You were the faster vehicle he got the speed locked on ... as you were seen overtaking another vehicle.

What is there left to dispute (or doubt) ...???
    A...read that post properly before you comment...

B...no honour in bending over and paying tickets
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Thread Information