Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Long bed utes?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...I put a 4.8meter deck on a Dyna...14 race bikes...10 race bikes and a piano...9 race bikes, a piano and the bbq...7 race bikes, the family in a tent, their stuff...4 race bikes, 25 bales of hay...the dog didn't mind all this crowding his space either...
    And a partridge in a pear tree...reminds me of pics of the SI motocross team heading off for the North Vs South meeting in years past. They always looked like one of the lost tribes of Israel migrating complete with bikes...The truck owner usually tried to squeeze some paying load on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    I thought it would be the brakes...
    I see you've met him...

Bike
    less than I used to have
    I remember coming back with about 10 bikes from Westport, not stacked as nicely as when we had gone over, no rego or RUC's. Just before Amberley the cops were pulling over everything commercial. I just pretended I was unaware of their intent, waved back and carried on. One was heading for his car to pursue but for some reason didn't follow. It was a bit like that often. I do have a pic of a tandem trailer loaded with so many bikes that It was pretty dubious we would arrive in Invercargill with all of them still there. Four hours down the road I looked in the mirror and one of the big Yamaha's back end lashings had come adrift and it was pivoting around the front end lashing like a farm gate. Different times

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    . Four hours down the road I looked in the mirror and one of the big Yamaha's back end lashings had come adrift and it was pivoting around the front end lashing like a farm gate. Different times
    yeah but a 'big yamaha' in those days wouldn't have been more than 160 cc's...

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    Old thread- but I am looking at utes now. Most after 2000 are short bed and high. My Ford Courier died but was excellent for bikes. Long bed and low - easy to load on your own. Looks like I shall have to find a good old one.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by rok-the-boat View Post
    Old thread- but I am looking at utes now. Most after 2000 are short bed and high. My Ford Courier died but was excellent for bikes. Long bed and low - easy to load on your own. Looks like I shall have to find a good old one.
    There's a case to be made for repowering one. Mate had the Mazda equivalent which at the time was the longest deck available.
    In the last few years they've all got shorter.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    There's a case to be made for repowering one. Mate had the Mazda equivalent which at the time was the longest deck available.
    In the last few years they've all got shorter.
    The cab and a half suicide door later courier is a good compromise. deck vs Cab space.
    Nothing wrong with the engines, they only crackerd head when they were not warmed up and down correctly.
    plenty of power from the 2.5TD
    The Diffs and Gearboxs are fixable faults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    R100GSPD
    seeif you cn find a king can cb and chassis. Isuzu do them

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Late 90's two wheel drive Toymota HiLux,pref diesel.

Thread Information