Thread: Rare Buell RS1200 1990 for sale (one of only 102 built)

Bike
    Italian ones!

Rare Buell RS1200 1990 for sale (one of only 102 built)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=957860542

PRICE REDUCTION FOR ONE WEEK ONLY AS I HAVE FOUND SOMETHING ELSE I WANT TO BUY.

1990 RS1200 Buell Westwind.
    If you don't ever want to see yourself coming the other way... then this is the bike for you.
    This might well be the only product of the Buell Motor Company currently in New Zealand?

The total production of the Buell MOTOR Company was ONLY 441 bikes from 1987 to 1993.
    Only 102 were 4 speed RS1200 machines. 7 built in 1989 and 95 build in 1990. To put those numbers in perspective Bimota built around 453 DB1 machines alone! So these are rare and they are going to be a future blue chip classic.
    The Buell MOTORCYCLE Company was a NEW company formed in 1994 by Erik Buell and Harley Davidson, they went on to build over 135,000 bikes. So in the years to come many of those later Buell owners will be looking for the early bikes.
    This is a very desirable, literally hand built to a standard not a price, classic Buell in the best colour. (the metallic blue that was used by most of the period magazines to test).

I have parts books and manuals and I even have the factory build sheet, signed by the two guys who built this machine, which is number 59.
    K Gordon and N Lang built it between 27/3/90 and 30/3/90. The total "factory" employed about 19 people in 1990.
    Personally imported from Canada. Comes running well with all paper work to vin and register.

Very collectable and still usable bike that sounds great with the factory Supertrapp muffler. Performance Machine 17 inch wheels, M1R Marzocchi forks with Buell anti dive, Performance machine front brakes, Corbin seat. Rubber mounted engine. All as standard.
    The only items that have been changed on this bike is the fitting of stainless fastenings (originals come with it) and the shock from a later model Buell.
    Speedo reads 11443 miles.

Now with new battery and tyres.
    Imperfect action beats perfect inaction every time.

Bike
    Fuck that is ugly.

I want it!

Good luck with the sale =)

Bike
    Italian ones!
    Someone please buy this bike so I can save my DB1!!
    Imperfect action beats perfect inaction every time.

Bike
    1989 Gilera IOM

Buell

Gavin. Did you ever sell the Buell? If not is it available? I remember seeing it on Trade me some time ago and might be interested. Cheers. Bruce

Thread Information