Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Harley for around 10k

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Fuck you're a dickhead. I guess...no cunt has the exquisite taste you posess, but guess what? Some people like different things. In the time I've seen you spit shit on this site...you come across as a full of shit try hard.

You run down beginners...you slag off anyone that dares think that bikes you don't like are good...you think you're an expert. You're a fucking wankstain.

We were ALL beginners at some stage.

It's 100% OK to be one.

If someone likes a bike, or a type of bike you don't like...that's ok.

How small is your cock?
    I lol'd then I ROFL'd then I wee'd a bit.

Bike
    2012 Victory Highball
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Family friend is looking at getting a Harley, been out of bikes for a while, not sure why on either of those. Tried to talk them into a Buell , but hey each to their own.

I don't really know much about them, but what's the best model out there at the moment to go for with around a 10k budget? Seems to mainly be sportsters, which seem to get a bit of shit but actually look like they're more ridable than some of the bigger options?

After a trawl through trademe this is what I found and thought about a few options. Feel free to add your thoughts:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-986510444.htm

Good price for KM's, doubt it has been hammered at all, but has been sitting.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-985926417.htm

Untested setup (only 400kms), shorter fuel range (what should you expect from one of these anyway? 150k?) but should be much more responsive than a standard 1200?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=982486249

Few little extras, but price is high compared to the one above.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=979120413

Impractical as fuck. But looks kind of 'interesting'

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=932250384

Wild card. Wrong brand, over budget but would be a way better buy than a sportster?

I didn't really ask about pillion, but assume 2up will be rare and short if at all.
    How tall/short/heavy/light is he?

He needs to try a few on for size if he's coming back after a while. Comfort = confidence

Otherwise...go the Victory.

WAY
    more bang for the buck
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    $10K? Casbolts had a couple of well priced Sporties in there some weeks back. Was not looking for Hogs when last in but may be worth a call. They are next to the local HD dealer and get a fair number of Hogs as trades ........

http://www.casboltsmotorcycles.co.nz/

Me - I like the Sporties - the wee one is gutless and I would avoid it unless it has a big bore kit - the 1200 pulls just fine.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    They're just really harsh and horrid to ride. No cush drive in the rear wheel (the belt takes up most of the shock). Belt is far nicer to ride with.
    Are the new 500's chain drive? Have a older KB friend who has looked at one. He quite likes the looks and the low seat height.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    Are the new 500's chain drive? Have a older KB friend who has looked at one. He quite likes the looks and the low seat height.
    Nah they're belt as well mate. Which is great I reckon. Fuck lubing chains.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    From what I know unless he's on L's he wants the 750, if they're bringing them into NZ that is?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    From what I know unless he's on L's he wants the 750, if they're bringing them into NZ that is?
    Not at this stage, because they're not lambs, and would steal too many sales from the 883.

Bike
    Not at this stage, because they're not lambs, and would steal too many sales from the 883.
    Yeah supposed to be gruntier, comfier and possibly a better build out of India than what they're getting in the states by the sounds

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Fuck you're a dickhead. I guess...no cunt has the exquisite taste you posess, but guess what? Some people like different things. In the time I've seen you spit shit on this site...you come across as a full of shit try hard.
    You run down beginners...you slag off anyone that dares think that bikes you don't like are good...you think you're an expert. You're a fucking wankstain.
    We were ALL beginners at some stage.
    It's 100% OK to be one.
    If someone likes a bike, or a type of bike you don't like...that's ok.
    How small is your cock?
    True but it Might be time to go out find a good root Pete, there's a lot of pent up emotion in them words LMAO
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    True but it Might be time to go out find a good root Pete, there's a lot of pent up emotion in them words LMAO
    Mate, I have my gorgeous GF on hand. Nothing pent up about me. I just (obviously) struggle with people that are always negative and down on everyone else's idea of good.

Can't recall a single positive post from that chap. And he loves to throw it out there...so gotta be able to have some back is how I see it.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Mate, I have my gorgeous GF on hand. Nothing pent up about me. I just (obviously) struggle with people that are always negative and down on everyone else's idea of good.

Can't recall a single positive post from that chap. And he loves to throw it out there...so gotta be able to have some back is how I see it.
    Just havin a laugh with one of the few here that has a sense of humor LMAO.
    Rarely post these days even in the MotoGP threads which I seldom wander out of to wider KB.
    Just lurk, got sick of all the shit the mods let through when they are very quick for busting you for "ignoring forum etiquette"
    They even let the MotoGP and ese threads turn to personal shit and insults over the last month or so.
    Ah well its the place they want it to be, put up or fuck off I guess LOL

Each to their own my life's to busy to give a shit about scrapping on the net.
    Just wasting time atm till the Girl friends flight gets in from Napier. I really should be in the garage building the postie.
    ah I hear a car off for a cuddle me thinks
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    ah I hear a car off for a cuddle me thinks
    You do foreplay? Fucking keeper mate!!!

Bike
    2014 Hyosung ST7L
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    buy a hyosung and put a batwing fairing kit on it >_>
    hahahaha, glad you're using me as an example

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Get one? Christchurch Motorcycles had some listed at reasonable prices.

Bike
    ducati 900ss Harley XLCR café racer
    Fuck you're a dickhead. ...............

Don't like what some one posts - add them to your ignore list and move on

Thread Information